Neutrois

AVEN #1 fan

Adams apple I think stays as it became on T or before MtF hormones. Breasts shrink without female hormones. Adams apple isn't an organ. Its a shape of larynx, and it's more bone and tendons than anything. While breasts are sexually-specific glands and fat. Do you see why one shrinks when the other doesn't?

Yeah, I was wondering, this is really helpful, I'm sorry to bother bit could u name name the changes that reversible and Irreversible for MTF and FTM? Pls. :3

Adams apple I think stays as it became on T or before MtF hormones. Breasts shrink without female hormones. Adams apple isn't an organ. Its a shape of larynx, and it's more bone and tendons than anything. While breasts are sexually-specific glands and fat. Do you see why one shrinks when the other doesn't?

Yeah, I was wondering, this is really helpful, I'm sorry to bother bit could u name name the changes that reversible and Irreversible for MTF and FTM? Pls. :3

Yeah I see now, thx, I don't rely wanna bother u, but could u name the changes that are reversible and the ones that are irreversible and the shrinkings of both MTF and FTM? Plssss. :3

Most of my knowledge comes from the following site: http://neutrois.me/

They are ftn and have had some hrt and had surgery and talk about a lot of their choices.

I am also ftn but have not been looking at hormones because I am uncomfortable with the characteristics that designate male and female. My understanding is that there are some changes from hormones that are irreversible and some that are reversible. Testosterone will lower your voice, cause the growth of facial hair (and on your chest and such) and that is irreversible. It also helps you build muscle and changes the distribution of fat and muscle in you body. If you have breasts already they may get a little smaller but I am guessing that would be one of the reversible effects because that has to do with the redistribution of fat. T will not make your breasts go away though and people on T who don't want breasts have to either bind their chest or have them removed with surgery. Estrogen makes skin and hair softer when one is taking it. It causes breast development that is irreversible. I have much les knowledge on the effects of estrogen because I am dfab and have done less research. As for an age of consent I assume it depends on the country where you are but in the US it is 18.

Good luck finding your path!

In my country it's 16, I'm nearly 17, so can I give it a try? And what kind of docs shall i seek? And what can I tell an endocrinologist so they don't think I'm insane? D: :/

I think you should be fine as long as you are old enough in your country, and it sounds like you are. I think your best bet is to find an endocrinologist who has worked with Trans people before. They may require a letter from a therapist to show that you are serious and you know the consequences of what you are doing (irreversible changes and all) but maybe not. Another resource you may want to look at is the wpath standards that are considered the best standards of care for trans people in the US, but again they may not affect you since your not in the US.

Most of my knowledge comes from the following site: http://neutrois.me/

They are ftn and have had some hrt and had surgery and talk about a lot of their choices.

I am also ftn but have not been looking at hormones because I am uncomfortable with the characteristics that designate male and female. My understanding is that there are some changes from hormones that are irreversible and some that are reversible. Testosterone will lower your voice, cause the growth of facial hair (and on your chest and such) and that is irreversible. It also helps you build muscle and changes the distribution of fat and muscle in you body. If you have breasts already they may get a little smaller but I am guessing that would be one of the reversible effects because that has to do with the redistribution of fat. T will not make your breasts go away though and people on T who don't want breasts have to either bind their chest or have them removed with surgery. Estrogen makes skin and hair softer when one is taking it. It causes breast development that is irreversible. I have much les knowledge on the effects of estrogen because I am dfab and have done less research. As for an age of consent I assume it depends on the country where you are but in the US it is 18.

Good luck finding your path!

In my country it's 16, I'm nearly 17, so can I give it a try? And what kind of docs shall i seek? And what can I tell an endocrinologist so they don't think I'm insane? D: :/

I think you should be fine as long as you are old enough in your country, and it sounds like you are. I think your best bet is to find an endocrinologist who has worked with Trans people before. They may require a letter from a therapist to show that you are serious and you know the consequences of what you are doing (irreversible changes and all) but maybe not. Another resource you may want to look at is the wpath standards that are considered the best standards of care for trans people in the US, but again they may not affect you since your not in the US.

So, I need an psychologist first? Oh OK, god damn, now everybody gonna think I'm nuts now, even my parents. T-T

Did you expect to pull this off without your parents learning of it? At some point in the process that cat is going to be fairly clearly out of the bag.

That you're afraid of looking "nuts" to a healthcare professional perhaps says something about how you yourself view your desires, and that too is worth discussing with someone.

Did you expect to pull this off without your parents learning of it? At some point in the process that cat is going to be fairly clearly out of the bag.

That you're afraid of looking "nuts" to a healthcare professional perhaps says something about how you yourself view your desires, and that too is worth discussing with someone.

My parents know I don't have a gender, I just don't want to visit an psychologist, they r gonna try to make me accept my biological gender, I already tried before. :/

In the US there are ways around it if you want to. Some doctors will work under "informed consent" where you don't need to see a phycologist or a therapist.

And remember - I'm in the us and I don't know exactly where you are. You are going to have to look up some info that is specific to your country. I imagine what a doctor requires before prescribing hormones will depend on the health system where you live, how you are paying, and the comfotability of the doctor.

In the US there are ways around it if you want to. Some doctors will work under "informed consent" where you don't need to see a phycologist or a therapist.

And remember - I'm in the us and I don't know exactly where you are. You are going to have to look up some info that is specific to your country. I imagine what a doctor requires before prescribing hormones will depend on the health system where you live, how you are paying, and the comfotability of the doctor.

I liked that answer, pretty direct. :)

Yeah I see now, thx, I don't rely wanna bother u, but could u name the changes that are reversible and the ones that are irreversible and the shrinkings of both MTF and FTM? Plssss. :3

Ooook, here we go:

Some things are irreversible no matter if they appear on hormones your body naturally produces or on artificial ones: deep voice, body hair and facial hair, breasts, clitorial growth. Additionally, your bone structure doesn't change after the end of puberty. So bone structure of hips, shoulders, face etc. But if you take hormones still in your teens, it may affect your bone structure and make it more feminine or masculine. But once some bone grew, like pelvis, it can't get smaller. Stretched skin, e.g. if you have breasts or big muscles and they shrink on day.

Getting rid of stuff: facial hair and body hair can be removed with a laser, but I'm not sure how it works or how effective it is. It has never been of concern to me. Breasts can be removed surgically, or you can have breast reduction.

Reversible: body fat and muscle distribution. This does the most diference and changes how you look in many subtle yet important ways. Softer skin on estrogens, and rogher on T. Smell. Lack of periods.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Ooook, here we go:

Some things are irreversible no matter if they appear on hormones your body naturally produces or on artificial ones: deep voice, body hair and facial hair, breasts, clitorial growth. Additionally, your bone structure doesn't change after the end of puberty. So bone structure of hips, shoulders, face etc. But if you take hormones still in your teens, it may affect your bone structure and make it more feminine or masculine. But once some bone grew, like pelvis, it can't get smaller. Stretched skin, e.g. if you have breasts or big muscles and they shrink on day.

Getting rid of stuff: facial hair and body hair can be removed with a laser, but I'm not sure how it works or how effective it is. It has never been of concern to me. Breasts can be removed surgically, or you can have breast reduction.

Reversible: body fat and muscle distribution. This does the most diference and changes how you look in many subtle yet important ways. Softer skin on estrogens, and rogher on T. Smell. Lack of periods.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

It seems pretty much accurate, thx u madam. :D

Archived