Do Gay Guys Secretly Want to be Demisexual?

That asexual guy

That's certainly a different take, but there are a lot of issues with it. It doesn't factor in the fact that there are aromantic demisexuals, nor that a close emotional bond doesn't necessarily have to be romantic, nor that it will always mean experiencing sexual attraction. It only means that is the condition required to make sexual attraction possible, and even then, the intensity of it can vary by individual.

The author acknowledges feeling distracted through hookup apps, and frustrated by all the pressure for hookups, but he doesn't have to be demisexual to want to seek out a relationship that isn't a hookup.

That asexual guy

To be fair it's not an article about demisexuality. It's a story about gay people. It's purpose isn't to describe everything related to demisexuality.

To be fair it's not an article about demisexuality. It's a story about gay people. It's purpose isn't to describe everything related to demisexuality.

Sorry I missed the point, but I can sympathize with the author's frustrations about how sexualized the dating scene is.

The comment at the end, by Ethan Murchison, was spot on. Excellent!

While the article was about gay people, Flandre's comment about hookups is valid and well said.

Wishing gays were demisexual appears, to me, to be the author's venting of frustrations over the stereotypical promiscuity of the gay male. Having lived that life for most of my mine, it's been my frustration, as well.

Archived