Looking for Asexual Athletes

Steph Ace

The Project Team has received a request to find an Asexual Athlete for Kirstin Cronn-Mills. It is for their research which will be used in an LGBTQ+ book.

Hello, AVEN:
I'm doing research for a book about LGBTQ+ athletes for Twenty-First Century Press (Lerner Publications), and I'm wondering if you know if any athletes who've come out as asexual. I haven't been exhaustive, but I can't find any asexual athletes in the research I've done. I thought you might have some names. Or maybe nobody's come out as asexual.
Thanks so much for you help--hope to hear from you--

Any athlete is great--college, amateur, professional, whomever. I'd just love to be able to include someone in my book (if there's someone to be included).

Kirstin

If you know of any Asexual Athletes, please post here or contact any member of AVEN's Project Team.

Steph

During our email conversations we were under the assumption they were looking for a professional athlete, however it could be of most skill levels (College, Amateur or professional)

nerdperson777

Well, I've done martial arts for 3 years but I'm not that good at it. Since my group likes to go to competition, I've seen enough to know how things are supposed to look even if my body doesn't have enough self-awareness to do each move well. People that know I'm asexual are kind of varied, but I don't really mention it until it's absolutely relevant.

Darn ... I thought you were drafting an ace sports team. Haha. Still an awesome post nonetheless! :D

Mr. Quickhands

I'm a competitive épée fencer. I haven't been fencing for as long as many other people at my current level, but I've climbed the ladder pretty fast and I would certainly call myself a dedicated athlete. If I had to estimate the time commitment of my training, it would be about 15-20 hours a week.

I fence both individually in the USFA and on my school's fencing team, where we compete in the IFCSC and USACFC. My current goal for my team is for us to take first this year in the IFCSC, and my current individual goal is to be in USFA Div 1A by the time I graduate from undergraduate. On the "'rookie on the long road' ---> 'established athlete'" spectrum, though, I'm definitely on the "rookie" end with only two years of competitive experience so far. Very much about to break that threshold, though :)

Archived