I came out! :D

Jorden

I just came out to my parents about my gender, they already new about my sexuality my mother claims she's always kind of known and I don't think she has but I think that's her way of trying to be accepting sense she learned how when I came out with my sexuality.

I think in the end before prepared her for now also, and it wasn't that bad I don't think she was ever horrible at accepting me it just I'm not really sure. But in the end it's all good and that's what matters she understood and I'm happy their happy.

The only bad reaction was when I brought up the binder of course she told me it was risky, and dangerous and didn't like the idea of me doing this and in fact my dad was the first to say it's dangerous and express his concerns. I told them it's my body and that's what I meant when I said I wanted to tell them so they wouldn't be shocked with my choices or the things I may or may not do.

Eventually they agreed it's my body but to make them feel better i asked if they prefer for me to get advice on it first from a doctor and we agreed that would be the best to do before making that choice. And my mother was very clear they she didn't fully understand the "I don't like my chest on some days" She said everyone is self conscious about their breasts sometimes. Oh well! it's a start.

And at least they didn't completely throw me under the bus and understood 99% of it.

I felt like you guys should know it's all a happy ending

I posted this to the people i felt i should post it to. However want to say something to this site because THIS one is the only one that i feel i got the best advice and listeners from no matter how long i vented or ranted for :)

VindicatorPhoenix

That's great news, Midnightstar! There's a whole new level of comfort available for you now that you've come out! High five! :D

Agent Rainbow

Congrats! I'm so glad that we could help you out. Celebratory cake for all!!! :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

I'm a person too!

That is fantastic news, I even appreciate the bit about the doctor and being concerned about health implications. Glad to hear it all :cake:

Congratulations! I'm glad it went well for you Midnightstar. :D

I can understand your mother's binder concerns. My mother had similar concerns, although hers were related to me having a history of asthma and collapsed lungs. I calmed my mother's fears by explaining the dangers and that I was going to purchase a binder created specifically for trans people, and of course that I'd only wear it for as long as comfortable (or a max of eight hours).

Going to a doctor first about it is a great choice, and may hopefully do a lot to resolve your mother's concerns. :cake:

Archived