What's your avatar picture?

Heart

1. 1. Are you in the picture you use for your avatar on AVEN?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have a picture at the moment

This poll is closed to new votes

It used to be Christian Bale as Trevor Reznik in the Machinist.

Now it's just me in Sepia. I know, such a step down.

I'm going to say yes. It's not a photo of me, but it is a drawing of me.

Hunter of Artemis

Mine is actually an avatar I created using Gaia's avatar creator [link]. I've done this frequently over the years as I change how I want to be represented. This time I went with a kind of steampunk look. The background I created myself on pixlr.com.

I love creating things and messing around, but it takes a lot of time to get it to look just right. I'm a bit of a perfectionist. :)

It is me and my daughter visiting Bodiam Castle in East Sussex, England last year. I like avatars that are of me but not in an obvious manner.

My avatar is lord pein, bearer of the rinnegan, master of pain, and has the power of life and death...

(anime badass)

Slight error on a comment I made earlier. He wasn't 28, he was 27!

Nobody knows you're a Eurasian jay on the internet. Wait... DAMN!

Nah, obviously I'm not using a picture of myself. :lol: It's from a photo I took last spring. There are a lot of jays in woods near where I live, and they were really active because of breeding season. Made it easy to get some good pics, and I got pretty damn close to this one. <3

<.<

>.>

It's a Homestuck thing. I didn't know what to make it so I just chose my old Steam icon... I might change it eventually. I kind of like it still, though.

unfortunately i am not an adorable cat

probably though when the poll was made, my avatar was of myself :)

Betty Badinbed

I'm a mad Saga comic fan, and right now my hair is like Alana's (though less green). Just a coincidence actually, but I was pleased when I realised - hence avatar creation. Also, some of my friends might say I'm something of a space cadet.

If I were to post 'real me', I'd be wearing a mask or have on a big sunglasses. I prefer partial disguise on FB, and full anonymity on forums like this.

Nope, I'm not my avatar. Obviously.

Currently it's a picture of an actor I like very much. From one of the best movies I watched last year. (Now guess which one! ;) Clue: The actor is Italian)

My avatar is a Kanizsa Triangle with the Apex pointing down to look like the Asexual triangle. I like to study the human brain and how you see this avatar says which hemisphere (left or right) is more dominate. So some people see my avatar differently that others.

Interesting fact: Their really is no triangle there.

I feel uncomfortable in showing my face in general, also I hate staring at my own face. For this reason I mainly use characters from video games I like instead.

My profile pic right now is the protagonist of the video game Devil Survivor 2. It's a scene of him from the anime adaptation of the game. He doesn't have a name in the video game as the player names him but in the anime his name is Hibiki Kuze. A friend of mine actually said Hibiki looks like an anime version of me.

My avatar is Charles Vane (the Black Sails one). I did want a generic, pirate picture to represent me rather than a character, but I couldn't find one I wanted.

Nope, my avatar is just a little .gif of Marceline from Adventure Time. :)

I don't feel comfortable showing my face. If I used my face as my avatar, I'm sure people would dismiss what I have to say or think less of me because of my appearance. I also enjoy the anonymity-- it makes me less anxious about posting.

The letter L.

L as in L Lawliet, one of my favorite DN characters.

I usually use a picture of myself online, because I don't care if people know what I look like. I'm not doing that here because of the sensitive nature of what I might share here, which I don't want anyone to be able to trace back to me (I'm only out as ace to my husband, no one else).

But, my avatar (at present) is representative of me, I think. It's from the bottom of my longboard, which I painted. So it's personal to me, but not so much that most people would connect it to me.

Sith!Sheldon Cooper from the TBBT episode where Kripke drove him to despair. Cut out, darkened, and pasted in front of a volcanic, Mordor-esque wallpaper.

For me, unlike for Sith!Sheldon, there no longer is an Amy to ground me with her boa-constrictor hug.

I kinda envy that lucky bastard.

Archived