How many aces do you know outside of AVEN?

Stained Glass

How many aces do you know outside of AVEN?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How many aces do you know outside of AVEN? (this includes people from aven you met in real life)

• none D:
    • 1-2 /:
    • 3-4 c:
    • 5-7 C:
    • 7-10 :D
    • 11-20 :DD
    • 20+ :DDD

This poll is closed to new votes

wildphoenix1984

I know one. But they also happen to be my sibling...

I haven't met anyone who's asexual besides me, in real life.

• 4 weeks later...
bittersweet988

None. Everyone is soooo sexual here...

I clicked 7-10 - the ones I'm sure of I met in my town's ace group. There are about 5 more that I assume are asexual or aromantic although I'm not sure because they occasionally get partners.

I've been to a meetup a couple times, but I wouldn't say I "know" any of those people, so I put zero.

TheStarrySkai

5 of my friends are asexual. One of them is a friend that I knew from when I was 4. I rarely talk to her since is she is a sophomore and I'm a senior in high school. She goes to my school's gay straight alliance sometimes so I see her there. Its a nice coincidence.

Statistically speaking, I should know at least one other person, because I have a large and diverse network of friends and acquaintances. But I don't walk around with a T-shirt that says: "Raise your hand if you identify as asexual!" (maybe I should), so I might have missed them.

Here's a thought: Since it's currently raining here, how about I use a permanent marker and write on my umbrella: "I kindly invite you to join me under the asexual umbrella" ;)

Since I posted here saying I don't know anyone I found out that one of my friends is an aromantic demisexual and we get along so well :)

A Perfect Square

I know three outside of AVEN now - two came out to me after I promoted Awareness Week on my Facebook :D However, if you include the aces I have met on AVEN, I reach the double digits, but only just!

I know around ten or so.. but that's only because of AVEN and my local meetups. I would like to know more of course. The title of this thread made me think completely outside of this place.. which would have been zilch.

supersymmetry

Not sure. There are some people I'd say have a chance of being, but.. don't know whether ace, or just shy/awkward about that kind of thing.

So zero. :(

• 3 weeks later...

I met two others while manning a table booth on Pride day last year, but haven't seen them since.

I don't really know any in person, but I did find out a little while ago that someone I knew when I was younger is ace which was pretty surprising.

I met one last August, sadly she and I live in different countries and I don't think we will be seeing each other for some time.

None! but I'm a bit of a hermit, so that's really not much of a surprise there. xDa maybe once I figure out how to society better, I will meet more one? XD

No one that I know is ace.... to my knowledge, anyway.

I'm sure I may have met a closeted ace at some point. After all, people know ME, but no one knows that I'm ace. ;P

• 4 weeks later...

I have never met another ace person. D=

There is this one girl at my school who is openly asexual. I know her because we're both in the theater club, she dated one guy last year so she's probally hetroromantic.

I don't know any, although I have a suspicion about someone. I've never probed, and will wait to see if something is mentioned. I'm nowhere near friendly enough with them and so I don't think that type of conversation would come up. I have also been on two AVEN meets and met four other members.

Waist of Thyme

I know 2. One who I went to middle and high school with, and one who I went to high school and currently college with.

Zip, Zilch, Zero :(

Have to change this. I now know 1 Asexual irl. :)

I technically know 2 people and I haven't come out to them yet. :wacko:

Archived