How many aces do you know outside of AVEN?

Stained Glass

How many aces do you know outside of AVEN?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How many aces do you know outside of AVEN? (this includes people from aven you met in real life)

• none D:
    • 1-2 /:
    • 3-4 c:
    • 5-7 C:
    • 7-10 :D
    • 11-20 :DD
    • 20+ :DDD

This poll is closed to new votes

I think my mom may be asexual as she has never dated or had a boyfriend or husband after her divorce in the 70's. There is a lady down the street that I suspect may be asexual but don't know for sure.

Squirrel Combat

Confirmed Aces? None! :(

brightberry

As of now, I know 3 aces, one possible demi, and a couple whom I suspect.

None (that I know of) but I'm really hoping to change that

• 3 weeks later...
cosmosredshift7

two asexuals, and one demisexual.

One asexual is an acquaintance, the other is one of my two best friends, and the demi is a good friend. B)

I know 3 people in the asexual spectrum. 2 I know for sure is asexual, one I'm not sure if asexual or demisexual. One of them is a friend, one is an acquaintance, the other I don't really talk to because we have no classes together! :o

There's a small group of about 3-5 of us who meet up in my city every once in a while. It's awesome. I'm going to miss them.

Truth and Lies

I know of one other person who is asexual outside of AVEN. We are friends in World of Warcraft, but the one time I brought it up, they shrugged it off and didn't really care about talking about it. So.

• 2 weeks later...
ElectricMongoose

I know one close friend of mine, and I actually job shadowed another, before I realized she was Ace years later. All 3 of us worked for the same corporation, just at different and overlapping time periods.

TheLeafBunny

I'm on friend/friendly acquaintance basis with at least two, and I know three others as well (two of whom I've met at a small AVEN meetup just the other day). So I put down 5-7.

AnActualAngel

3 asexuals and 1 gray-A and one that I think based on talking to her is gray-A too, but she hasn't decided yet, so I put 3 -4 :)

IceHurricane

The only one I know is my best friend who is grey-ace :)

In real life, one. I have like two acquaintances that are also ace. And I know quite a few people on social media that I follow are ace but I don't really talk to them so I didn't count them.

ButterfliesOnWatch

I know one person who identifies as gray-ace,one who is ace (and aro?) but I didn't know that when we met and (as far as I know) doesn't know I'm ace, and one person who is now sexual, but used to be ace (without realizing it at the time).

• 2 weeks later...
mischevious_koala

I know one. She's not on AVEN and she's never told me she's asexual but that's because she really has zero interest in anything to do with the topic of attraction and relationships

Larkaloke

Only two, as far as I know. One of them is my brother, the other is someone I've been friends with for more than ten years now.

Royal Octopus

I don't know that I know any aces, but I know a few people I think might be ace. I don't want to ask them lest I make them uncomfortable, and because it's none of my business, but I wonder whether, if they are indeed ace, they might like to know that we have that in common...

GoosePeelings

I have yet to meet one.

stonehengegirl

None. :(

• 1 month later...

I've only met an asexual person once before, when i was introduced to some of my best friend's friends a few years ago but it was before i even knew about asexuality, and my best friend told me he was asexual too after i came out to her last year after discovering i was asexual.

I belong to a UK asexuality facebook group but i havnt spoken to the people that much on it apart from a few comments on some of their posts so i wouldnt say that i really know them.

(Updated this November 2015): I recently found out that one of my good friends who i've known since i was 6 is also ace which is awesome :D so i have now met 2 other asexual people.

speedyhobbit

2, one from grad school and one from undergrad.

ObsessedWithAnime

I know of a person a year younger than me, a person three years younger than me, a close friend who thinks she might be somewhere on the ace spectrum, and a person I met at pride just recently.

I know a few other people who I suspect are ace but I couldn't count them (I've never directly asked them) so I just went with 3-4

Star Inkbright

Love those emojis! :)

Oh I accidentally answered the poll slightly low cos I just remembered the GSD group at my uni was like 1/3 on the ace spectrum XD I think I met maybe 4 there. + my sibling is

whocaresthough

None. I don't know a single one. I didn't know about asexuality until recently, and this place has made me really happy ^ ^

I don't know anyone who is openly ace. I know a few people who I think may be on the spectrum, but sine I'm not out, I can't expect them to be either.

Archived