Society

Little_wren

This is just about thoughts I've had lately, knowing that my thoughts on sexuality just seem very different to everyone I'm surrounded by in daily life and the recurring stereotype I see of what society dictates I should be like by this stage of life.

Always being different and quite bold, it used to feel as though I'd own my difference by now and gain enough respect for it.

Really though there are just a lot of reasons other people prescribe towards how I am and how I live without much acceptance.

I don't know how people like me gain a true sense of peace and happiness in life, where the exploration ends and a place feels like home.

It's more than just sexuality but a sense of being the one who is different in every situation.

You laugh at me because I am different. I laugh at all of you because you are all the same.

Think about it.

If your expectations and reality are out of alignment, it's hard to feel peace. Maybe if you were standing up for the underdog or something you could be pegged as someone daring to defy and be different, but as a rebel without a cause most people will simply find reasons to explain what they don't understand about you.

You laugh at me because I am different. I laugh at all of you because you are all the same.

Think about it.

I laugh at both parties because they think uniqueness and conformity actually have value.

Archived