Pictures that represent asexuality well (possibly to send to Have A Gay Day)?

Quinoa

For those of you who don't know, the Have A Gay Day facebook page posts about LGBT issues. Some of them are serious, some of them are funny, some of them are just pictures rainbow things. Usually, they post images, with few words other than the images. Anyway, they recently posted something about asexuality (you can see the AVEN thread about it here). That was a big deal, because it's the first time anyone has seen a post specifically abut asexual pride (a few of their pictures that include a bunch of sexualities do list asexuality, but don't say anything about it). They do try to get the minorities that don't get much visibility in, but asexuality hasn't usually made it to their posts.

Anyway, fast forward a few weeks. Today, they posted asking what people should post more of, and a lot of people mentioned asexuality. They later posted again saying that it's hard for them to find good things to post, and they rely on submissions. So... I was thinking about submitting something, but I was wondering--what pictures do you guys think represent asexuality well? I was thinking they should have some information about asexuality, since a lot of people don't understand it, and they should hopefully not exclude any aces (for example, they shouldn't define asexuality as not wanting sex).

I'm also considering coming out on facebook, probably also with some kind of picture about asexuality. I tried to find pictures, but I haven't found any that would be good.

Ripjawwolffang

Asexual axolotle lol

Though I hate that most ace pictures are describing them as not wanting and being unable to enjoy sex, rather then focusing on the lack of sexual attraction... Not all of us don't want and can't enjoy sex, but all of us don't experience sexual attraction... I think telling the public in our very rare exposure chances that we all want to be Celebet and never want sex, or can't enjoy sex, sends the wrong impression out there...

Kinda like saying all gay men only enjoy anal...

Yeah...

XD but I'm happy for any exposure... Not only are we a minority but we are a pretty universally misunderstood one... Gays don't understand us... Straights don't understand us... Everyone thinks there's something wrong with us... Exposure please!

Ripjawwolffang

image_zpsc2efb41f.jpg

Or this one that kinda covers all the asexuals not just the sex not wanting ones xD

image_zps86d0bd86.jpg

These are great! And yeah, I agree that it erases some people to be saying that asexuals don't like sex. As an asexual who wouldn't like sex, that picture is really funny, though!

EDIT: By the way, I decided to share the one VinnyCrow posted with Have A Gay Day. Not sure if they'll post it, but even if they don't, a few people read the things that are posted on their wall. And now I'm a little scared because some of my friends can probably see what I put on their wall, and now know that I'm asexual! Oh well. I'll probably also share one of these when I come out on facebook (so if there are any more good ones, I'd still like to see them). Thanks guys!

VMcq0Fg.jpg?1

The issue with that one is the very first example is: Celibacy is not a choice, it's an orientation. Celibacy is a choice, Asexuality is not. That is, it confuses Asexuality with celibacy. Sorry, that was bugging me.

The Scrabbler

I was actually just looking for images for this exact reason.

Edit: I shared Ripjawwolffang's first image as well as this:

asexual_pride_by_jyoshikousei16-d2x225b.

VMcq0Fg.jpg?1

The issue with that one is the very first example is: Celibacy is not a choice, it's an orientation. Celibacy is a choice, Asexuality is not. That is, it confuses Asexuality with celibacy. Sorry, that was bugging me.

I think what they were trying to say is that people think asexuality is just celibacy.

Archived