Unexpected visibility results ^__^

ithaca

Yesterday I found a message on FB from one of the people who organized the presentation we made in Florence. She was asking me if I could help a person she knows who's writing a book and wanted some help on something-asexual.

I started emailing him, and it turns out asexuality is not the topic at all, and it is simply mentioned once in this to-be-published book (I won't share details for obvious reasons). However, even though it's just a teeny tiny mention, this writer is putting a lot of effort in it. He wanted me to check on this footnote he also is dedicating to asexuality, and he's being more than willing to edit it with what I suggest (and I thank some friends of mine as well for their suggestions). AVEN and AVEN Italy will both be mentioned, and DJ too :)

So while this is minor but giving satisfaction, what's coming out of this is that this person coordinates a Research Center in a city in Northern Italy that deals with Politics and Theories of Sexuality. He has just sent me an invitation to go there and keep a conference on asexuality next year :o (though he asked me what I do in my life out of curiosity, and maybe "I make sandwiches" could turn him off a bit on my qualifications :lol: joking, hopefully)

So, 1 am seems to be a good time for visibility in Italy :lol:

Let's keep our fingers crossed and see what comes out of this ^_^

1 AM, really? Visibility people ought to be terrible night owls. :P

Very good though! I remember that event. Shoot me a message if I can contribute to something, considering AVENit is in the mix :)

A name is required

that's amazing ith! congratulations!!!
let us now what is going on :)

It looks like the Florence Presentation is really paying off. Nice one ith and thanks :)

• 3 months later...

Yay! Great news. Let us know how it goes.

that's amazing ith! congratulations!!!

let us now what is going on :)

The book is out, here's a link to it (Italian, sorry). If one wants to see the introduction without buying the book, click here!

Archived