Sharing a bed...

poindexter

Calligraphette_Coe

This thread makes me think "Has it *really* been 30 years since I slept with another human being? And then I get a little sad and wistful.

There are just so many reasons why I don't: being strongly asexual, freaking out when being touched while asleep, having a deviated septum from having a broken nose (long story) that makes me more likely to snore or breathe differently when asleep, and not wanting to out myself to anyone anymore because I know I talk about it in my sleep.

Oh well... better life next time in the next re-incarnation if there is one...

I'm not opposed to the idea of sharing a bed, but it's never worked out for me. Not only am I an athletic sleeper that drives bedmates crazy, I have bad memories from being forced to share a bed as a young child and hating it. I love cuddling, though, and I suppose I could break that barrier with the right person.

pegasusoftraken

I like sharing a bed, and cuddling is one of my favourite things to do. But I'd hate it if it was every night. I need my space as well, so if I ever lived with an SO then I would insist on seperate bedrooms.

Vyanni Krace

I've shared a bed with my sister many times in the past when she's been scared by a nightmare, but doesn't want to wake our parents.

I hate it. Especially considering I only have a single-sized bed.

Even in a double-sized bed or bigger I would still hate sleeping in it with another person. If were just hanging out, and lazing about on the bed, chatting and what-not then that would be fine. But no one sleeps in my bed but myself.

The only advantage is a warm body to cuddle, rather than my blankets or pillow (I'm very cuddly when I'm sleepy and relaxed, and like to hug things in my sleep), however there's far too many disadvantages to sharing a bed, so I'd be happier cuddling for a long while at night, then having my partner return to their own bed to sleep in (or I return to mine).

Someone Else

Well, if I imagine being married, I think it might be nice to share a bed if it were the right person. However, I'd also like the relationship to be such that, if sometimes we didn't share the bed, that would be completely ok too, and not a sign of impending relationship dooooom. A place where each of us could retreat, without hurting the feelings of the other in doing so, would be important to me. It's strangely difficult so far to find people like this, however I bet among aces it's not so rare. ;)
I think I'm a blanket hog, however, so separate blankets isn't a bad idea, just in case.

Archived