Closed Thread

Purnkin Spurce

Purnkin Spurce

Closing this thread. Thank you for the advise and replies and various point of views.

Cinema is always a good bet. Maybe with a meal after. If you are low on money though there ain't nothing wrong with a good old sit in movie night. Also if you like baking, baking some cheap recipes together is always a fun idea. Making sugar cookies with my boyfriend is usually fun.

As for Valentine's day itself. It never really got me down when I was single, but I like to think it as a day for all love. So loving my friends as I do, I spent the day with them and we exchanged presents between us. I know it's not romantic love but it's just as fun and meaningful.

I like the skype idea. It'd be a good excuse for you guys to get to know each other a little better: neither of you will be pressed for time. I'm a romantic and my number one rule is when things don't go according to plan it's because you're making memories:) Have fun and don't dread the day: look forward to the one that you'll get to spend with someone you love!

Janus the Fox
Valentines Day - would be just another day for me. Don't dread it and have no idea why people make a huge fuss really...

I try to ignore what day it is and just act like any other day. This year I will be traveling for work, which could make it easier to ignore that it is V-day.

Purnkin Spurce

Cinema is always a good bet. Maybe with a meal after. If you are low on money though there ain't nothing wrong with a good old sit in movie night. Also if you like baking, baking some cheap recipes together is always a fun idea. Making sugar cookies with my boyfriend is usually fun.

As for Valentine's day itself. It never really got me down when I was single, but I like to think it as a day for all love. So loving my friends as I do, I spent the day with them and we exchanged presents between us. I know it's not romantic love but it's just as fun and meaningful.

Thank you, that is a really good idea and good advice!

I like the skype idea. It'd be a good excuse for you guys to get to know each other a little better: neither of you will be pressed for time. I'm a romantic and my number one rule is when things don't go according to plan it's because you're making memories:) Have fun and don't dread the day: look forward to the one that you'll get to spend with someone you love!

Thank you, I think I will do that because that sounds less nerve wracking. And thank you for the advice.

I'm part of my area's hall council (it's like a dorm student government on my campus) and they are having a kisses and condoms discussion. I have to go as support from hall council ... so yay! Get to talk about sex all day haha

Maybe I can spread the ace card a bit ;)

Valentine's Day never bothered me. It's an excuse to get candy for my friends...and myself, of course. ;D

I find it fun being a college student and buying those cheesy kids' valentine's to pass out to my classes.

How well do you know this girl?

expectations are a bitch :P

Haha last year I got together with a couple of single friends - we ate Ben an Jerrys with chips, listened to music and played xbox all day :D it was amazing!!

CaptainObliviace

I guess, from what you said, you have a specific girl in mind? If I were you, I would take in consideration what she likes as well. What does she like to do? Also, a date doesn't have to be fancy or big. Like others have said, doing something simple together would be nice. The way I see it, just as long as you two are together, it'll be great. :D

...I suppose, anyway. I've never spent Valentine's Day with anyone before. :redface: I would like to, and if I did I'd just enjoy the time I was able to spend with them, no matter what we were doing.

I used to drink lots of bourbon. That worked great on Valentine's Day. Didn't work all that well the morning after.

Hit the gym, read a book, go to church, do something you like but normally wouldn't do.

Avoid all restaurants.

Archived