Death by Romance...

Serena_Terenama

Serena_Terenama

Okay... I am an old romantic... I love to take a pretty girl out show her the town talk for hours cuddle and all that stuff... but I do it without ever getting... horney... a friend of mine told me if you don't get horney how is it romantic... I said I don't know... anyone have any thoughts on this... I want to have a normal relationship... I want to be loved... I mean... i think i do... I like to shower people with affection and happiness... but i don't really know what... well what love is... I seem to be immune to it... I can watch a person walk away... and never look back... am I lost... ... ... ... help?

Great Thief Yatagarasu

Love is about being happy with someone and making them happy, regardless of what kind of love it is or what kind of relationship that creates. Love is whatever you make of it, and it's not something that any one person can pin down for definite. For your friend, it might all be about sexual feelings, while that's not the case with you...and honestly? That's perfectly okay.

Serena_Terenama

Thank you very much... asexuality to me is not bound by attraction... at least not physical attraction... I prefer girls though I love the voices men sound so... the same uggh.. lol(was looking at your sig :)

Touchofinsight
Love is about being happy with someone and making them happy, regardless of what kind of love it is or what kind of relationship that creates. Love is whatever you make of it, and it's not something that any one person can pin down for definite. For your friend, it might all be about sexual feelings, while that's not the case with you...and honestly? That's perfectly okay.

Agreed.

People love to project their views of what they think love is or should be, but if we try to live by the views and ideas that everyone projects on to each other, no one will be happy. Life is to be enjoyed on a personal level, create philosophy and definitions of life's aspects that work for you, and make you happy. When you encounter someone who has different views of said aspects as long as they don't infringe upon the freedoms and well beings of others, then its just time to agree to disagree in a civil manner.

Best of luck

Touch!

apparentlyalone

I am the same - I don't want to make love, but I do want to find love!! I love romance and cuddling and dinner and coming home to someone to share my worries an thoughts with - but just not have sex! I don't have any fetishes or a libido or a want or need for sex at all, but I do have a new for emotional connections!

Okay... I am an old romantic... I love to take a pretty girl out show her the town talk for hours cuddle and all that stuff... but I do it without ever getting... horney... a friend of mine told me if you don't get horney how is it romantic... I said I don't know... anyone have any thoughts on this

That is indeed quite an issue. When you think about it in a strictly evolutionary sense, sexuality is the point of a romantic relationship. Being a sexual species, it is to be expected that sexual exclusivity between partners, which serves to ensure that's ones share of the future gene pool is protected, would be encouraged through things like feelings of love and jealousy. As a social species too, it is also to be expected that the sexual norms of our species would hold significance to asexuals as well, who would not otherwise feel the same feelings as the sexual majority would, would develop an affinity for the notion of romance, as it is presented to all people in an overwhelmingly positive light.

Archived