A Heteroromantic question

Raptor

The Great WTF

Short answer: yes

Long answer: Anyone, regardless of sexuality, romantic orientation, or whatever other random factor might apply to them, has the potential to be sex repulsed for one reason or another. Sex repulsion is simply the state of finding sex repulsive and it's not particularly picky about who might end up feeling that way.

Just because you're A doesn't mean you have to be B. No matter what sexual or romantic orientation a person have, we're all different with different likes and interests. There can even be people that considers themselves aromantic asexual, but that still enjoys sex. Because behaviour isn't the same as orientation. An asexual person might love and even crave sex, they just lack the sexual attraction. And and asexual person might be indifferent or even repulsed. But the same can be true for a sexual person. Doesn't matter what orientation, skin colour, sex, hight, nationality etc, we're all different.

I think I would be a heteroromantic asexual who's repulsed by sex. Well, sometimes a little biromantic, but basically leaning more towards heteroromantic. I would love to have a relationship; kiss, cuddle, share my life with one person, be their partner through life, their family, do romantic date-type things :P , live with them when it got serious enough. Personally, I wouldn't be repulsed by the body of someone I love. I am repulsed by the bodies of people I don't like. But I would be repulsed by the act of sex/parts of my own body that would mean I wouldn't want to have sex with my hypothetical partner. I would do it if they really wanted it, but I wouldn't like it, and I'd struggle to understand why they wanted to do these gross things with me.

I'm heteroromantic and sex-repulsed/nervous about sex.

But I love the idea of cuddling and tongue-free kissing. :)

:cake: x

Janus the Fox

Correct! :D of course there will also sexuals, asexuals, homoromantics, aromantics etc. that will have some form of repulsion or not.

Sure! And even within that is a spectrum to be found. I'm heteroromantic who can enjoy sex but is moderately grossed out by oral stuff. I second what GirlDreamer said about variety :)

And I thought there was something wrong with me being repulsed by sex.

I thought that too. But sometimes I think there's something wrong with other people for finding it so attractive. And then I feel bad for being a prude and judging people. It's just tough being in the minority, but I don't think our feelings our wrong. We just don't like something other people do like. As long as we respect other people feel differently, it's ok to be repulsed.

• 1 month later...
weethreequarter

personally, not too keen on the idea of sex either. i'm not totally against it, but i don't think it would bother me if i never had sex.

Archived