Asexuality research.

anomalous_spider

anomalous_spider

Not entirely sure if this is the right forum. I'm curious as to the current place of asexuality in psychology. I aware of a couple of references in some sexuality surveys, but reference hopping is only so useful and I'm not familiar enough with the landscape to know what else is out there.

As far as I know, there is very little about asexuality in psychology. There's been done very little research about the subject at all, and it's hard to find any solid references to the subject at all.

anomalous_spider

I understand that it is a relevantly new area and as such I'm not expecting any review papers. Still a lack of anything at all would be sad for both the asexual and scientificcommunities.

Not entirely sure if this is the right forum. I'm curious as to the current place of asexuality in psychology. I aware of a couple of references in some sexuality surveys, but reference hopping is only so useful and I'm not familiar enough with the landscape to know what else is out there.

If you're interested in formal research, there's a very good annotated bibliography of the major research papers that exist so far about asexuality at www.asexualexplorations.net. Although much of the research is more related to sociology and gender studies, there are also several psychology papers.

In addition, the asexual explorations blog also has some good posts about the relationship between asexuality, HSDD, the DSM, among other topics that you might find interesting. I suggest poking around both the blog and site; they have a lot of information as well as links to other things that might be of interest.