Tattooed/pierced women

DracoBorealis

Women with tattoos are really common now, even having TV shows about ink, so I don't see why some people still have a stigma against it for women. I only have one tattoo and each of my ears pierced once. However, the tattoo is a design I made to represent myself and my views on gender, and I call it my trans peace rainbow. I thought I'd share the pictures of me having it done: http://www.flickr.com/photos/forlorn79/sets/72157630221756856/

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I really enjoyed looking through those pictures-- thank you for sharing! I love your rainbow socks too :) They match!

This tattoo is great-- it's huge, bright, readable from a distance... Would you mind if I made a patch of that design?

Lady Loki, my brother says the same thing. He says he's confident enough in his body not to need ink. I say, that's great for you, but for me, my body is an empty canvas and I have urges to fill that canvas with art. I have felt this way my entire life. I highly recommend you do tell your parents if/when you ever get your tattoo(s), because people open up to new ideas when they are forced upon them. People start realizing that there are a variety of reasons for having a tattoo, not because they have 'complexes'

This is exactly how I feel, my body is a canvas and I want to fill it up with things that mean something to me.

The thing with my parents is that they are incredibly old-fashioned and they NEVER open up to new ideas. My mother is so crazy to say that if I got tattoos that she would disown me. I just sit here and think to myself wtf? And since I prefer places on the body that are not really always visible for tattoos, I will never tell them, although I wish I could.

I don't know your parents, but I doubt they would truly disown you. I know so many people who claim their parents would disown them if they dressed the way they pleased, or did their hair the way they pleased, got a tattoo, came out about their religious beliefs, etc etc. I don't believe most of these parents would, and if they do, they aren't truly a parent? I think they try these threats to see if they'll work. Once you become an adult, the tables are turned... You can say, "I'm going to do x, y, z, and if you can choose your attitudes about xyz, or choose to share your life with me." I have done this. It was super effective.

I'm not trying to offend anyone. I do think people have the right to live their lives, regardless of what their parents think. A tattoo doesn't hurt anyone except the collector (haha, because they do hurt!), it seems silly to disown your child over that. Humans have been getting tattoos for thousands upon thousands of years.

A great option for temporary tattoos-- Henna! I love henna. It lasts for weeks, and looks ever so lovely on the hands and feet.

I apologize if my comment as a dude is unwanted. If it is, just ignore me. :)

I have one tattoo (and would love to get more once I get a job). I love it, it's the feminist fist symbol (pics might be uploaded here later). It's in a place easily visible, yet easily hidden.

That said, I don't police other people's bodies or healthy choices. A woman could be pierced, tattooed, have body hair, pubic hair, etc. I would still date her if her personality was attractive, if she was aesthetically pleasing to me, and had the same views as me. If she couldn't partner dance, I'd teach her. Personally, I find tattoos and piercing very attractive on women (and would love it if my partner had some, too). I couldn't care less about her sexual history.

Your gender doesn't make your opinion unwanted-- if anything, hetero women would love to read this.

Your tattoo sounds really cool... You should upload a picture.

I shall upload pictures of mine, though I wish I had more. ....I need to win the lottery.

OK, as long as it's not for making a profit. I added the design to the album.

Wow, I really enjoyed looking through those pictures-- thank you for sharing! I love your rainbow socks too :) They match!

This tattoo is great-- it's huge, bright, readable from a distance... Would you mind if I made a patch of that design?

Archived