What does a crush feel like?

I'm aromantic, and the idea of a crush somewhat baffles me. I'm a curious person, so don't judge me for asking. :lol:

Could anyone please explain your thought process during a crush and what it's like to have one?

This would also be helpful because I'm an amateur writer, and I think it would be a bit unrealistic to write all my stories in a world in which everyone is inexplicably aromantic. Unless I only write about children, which I won't be doing.

A crush is like discovering a television show that completely captivates you, to the degree that you then go home and find it on Netflix. It is so enthralling that you begin to learn as much as you can about each and every minor character, and you watch every episode. You come to find that they only made four seasons, and as sad as you are that there aren't any more, you are pleased with the time that you put in and the joy that it brought you. That's how I would describe a crush :D

A crush is like discovering a television show that completely captivates you, to the degree that you then go home and find it on Netflix. It is so enthralling that you begin to learn as much as you can about each and every minor character, and you watch every episode. You come to find that they only made four seasons, and as sad as you are that there aren't any more, you are pleased with the time that you put in and the joy that it brought you. That's how I would describe a crush :D

kind of true . i love this ! i have a crush on someone and you basically become enthrall with them. it may not even be sexually it wasnt for me, the person was just really interesting to look at and thier actions where really entertaining and it made me curious how those actions would feel if they were directed to me. its a odd mental high that makes you more attuned with one person and youre always this nervous happy or the dumbest things becuase of them. not sure if that helps

Notte stellata

The TV show analogy is quite true. When you like a TV show so much, you want to learn every little thing about it and you can remember many lines. Similarly, when you have a crush on someone, you want to know everything about them - what they're doing at this moment, what their childhood was like, what hobbies they have, etc. And you're fascinated by everything they say and do. You recall the conversations between you two over and over again. You don't want to miss any of their Facebook or Twitter update, no matter how trivial it is. But most importantly, you fantasize about doing romantic things or being in a relationship with them. Without the romantic component, it's more of a squish than a crush. This is what I think. :)

Well, for me it's like "This person's kinda cool, I wanna get to know them more." when it first stars out. I suppose if you're writing a story you can just describe how things elevate from there. You're just... generally interested in what that person has to say. When you notice you got a text, there's some part of you that's wishing the text is from them just so you can hear from them again. Even if it's otherwise dry and boring conversation, just because it's with them makes it a bit more fun.