Is anyone here Aromantic?

Groove

I'm Aromantic. As far as I know. I may be demiromantic, but I doubt it. Honestly, I'm not particularly inclined towards forming relationships of any kind.

Some people are saying that they are sad to be missing out on something, but I don't really get that. Isn't a need to find romance more of an inconvenience than a benefit, and if you are capable of finding the same fulfilment in life as a romantic, I dont understand why someone would feel bad about it.

Chickenpede

I consider myself to be pretty much aromantic. Somewhat annoyingly, people tend to come and moan to me/ask advice when their relationships go wrong, which is pretty useless for all parties given i have absolutely no experience in that area. I'm quite happy being aromantic though and i don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, i think i've saved myself a lot of heartache that people go through and most people i see in relationships don't seem to be very happy. There's a lot of paranoia and fighting that goes on in relationships (i'm told this is normal... why this appeals to people i have no idea). A few people have restored my faith in relationships a little, as they seem to be vaguely functional human beings who actually enjoy being in a relationship.

This. My friends (as well as some casual acquaintances) have approached me for relationship advice more than a few times, and like you, I find it pretty amusing. I'm not sure what they think of the advice I give them (or if they even follow it), since it tends to be a tad analytical.

"Disorders" is better-sounding than "illnesses", however, that is not what I meant, at all; and I have a feeling you already know that!! :)

Actually... what did you mean?

"Disorders" is better-sounding than "illnesses", however, that is not what I meant, at all; and I have a feeling you already know that!! :)

Actually... what did you mean?

That you are far too spiffy and awesome to be using a word like "disorder" to describe yourself. ^_^ (At least, I think that's what they meant.) I personally don't care if people think I have a disorder. I'm proud to be dark, weird, and twisted. :twisted:

EldritchEarthling: What "Almagest" stated about "far too spiffy and awesome to be using a word like "disorder" to describe yourself" - I couldn't have said it better, myself!! :)

I"m an aromantic who is definitely prefers to be isolated and avoids human contact intentionally including those in my family especially people outside my main family where I don't do anything with them at all.

I am aromantic but I have feeling. I just can;t feel the romantic love feeling to anyone. I am a normal person and I have all my emotion. It does make me sad knowing I will spend all my life alone with no one to care about me. I don't have friend so I have quite a lonely life. I think I would choose to not be aromantic but life don't let you choose. Despite all the trouble romance cause I think it make life more interesting and fun.

I'm proud to be dark, weird, and twisted. :twisted:

This!!!!!! D'ACCORD!!!!!!!!!

Plus, in my mind "disorder" just means "chaos". (BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!)

I'm proud to be dark, weird, and twisted. :twisted:

This!!!!!! D'ACCORD!!!!!!!!!

Plus, in my mind "disorder" just means "chaos". (BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!)

:twisted:

MiserableGuest

I'm aromantic. I don't exactly mind it. Its the asexual part that I hate. I'm pretty certain that even if I were a sexual I'd still be aromantic because I simply find it impossible to be romantically attracted to anyone. I guess that's just the way I was born.

Acevengers Assemble.

I identify as aromamtic. The day I came across the term I finally felt free, I understood what it was I was feeling, or lack thereof. The fact that I never wanted a relationship or never found myself romantically attracted to anyone scared the hell out of me, I thought I was broken. Now I've got my head around it all I feel great and it's so reassuring to know there are others like me out there.

Not fully aromantic but I'm in the aro spectrum .

This. My friends (as well as some casual acquaintances) have approached me for relationship advice more than a few times, and like you, I find it pretty amusing. I'm not sure what they think of the advice I give them (or if they even follow it), since it tends to be a tad analytical.

I think that may be the point as they need/want someone who is "un-biased" to help them sort through it.

Archived