does an asexual person...

rafi

An action that has nothing to do with a fear of dying?

How is doing anything creative, like painting, for example, anything to do with fear of dying?

Being creative attracts mates, and that leads to ability to pass your genes herp derp.

With language gymnastics you can get to pretty much any conclusion that you had pre assumed.

My art has nothing to do with wanting to attract a 'mate'. It is simply enjoyable for me, and occasionally gets me a few extra quid.

And I have no desire or intention of passing on my genes. :P

My art has nothing to do with wanting to attract a 'mate'. It is simply enjoyable for me, and occasionally gets me a few extra quid.

You don't but it did develop to attract mates (not necessary the case but that would go with the line of TS arguments), and somehow that makes it the same for the TS. His words:

"Homosexuality is no different then straight people, all types of sexual needs are the same, it is an animal biology that serves for reproduction. Sure, a homosexual relationship won't reproduce, but that's not the point. The point is that any sexual behaviour comes from one source, the need to reproduce, that includes penatration, masturbation, romance, falling in love, holding hands, attraction..."

When we talk about any human behaviors, traditions, habits, needs... you must understand that they all exist for the survival of the human species, wich also means they exist out of fear of dying.

That is why I think asexuality is a signe of human evolution, but the fact that, from what I know, most asexuals still have some sort of sexual behaviours(romance, masturbation,...) tells me that we still have some evolving to do(obviously).

The only thing that is obvious here is that you know precisely zero about biology and specifically about evolution, so I would suggest you learn the basics before going any further. There is no evolutionary purpose such as "survival of the species". This is just nonsense, as is conflating survival of the species and survival of the individual (to which "fear of dying" refers), as is the idea that "we have still some evolving to do" - as if there was some sort of a predetermined evolutionary programme for any given species. Evolution is not a directed process (I suggest you google "emergence"). As for your idea that asexuality is "a sign of human evolution", it doesn't make sense even within the framework of your own (totally flawed) notions about evolution. You seem to be suggesting that human species is to evolve towards asexuality, but logically if that happened, reproduction (and with it, evolution) would likely stop completely and the species would disappear - which hardly computes with your idea of the "survival of the species".

you make perfict sense and your arguements are very logical, but you must understand that reality is beyond logic and science. You don't have to agree with me, my reality is different from yours, but it would be nice to respect each others realities. we all know that what has been scientificaly proven is limited in the 5 senses, using logic and scientific conclusions, we also know that the universe is way above the 5 senses. google David Icke

Who is this "we" you keep referring to and which other sense are you using in order to be able to claim higher knowledge? And srsly, idiot conspiracy theorist David Icke and his reptilian overlords? Sorry but such silly ideas get no respect from me.

rafi, when you made these discoveries about yourself and attended the workshops, did you decide to divorce afterward?

Could masturbation be viewed as no more a sexual activity than ingestion, elimination, exercise, or sleep?

In your experience, how much of your sexual behavior was based on an innate need and how much would be categorized as a social construct or cultural phenomenon?

I read the website and the philosophy is that the creative spirit lives on. Wouldn't a heaven-on-earth require a physical existence or no? Does this suggest reincarnation -or- do you hold that the physical body can last forever?

I do agree that fear-based thoughts and actions can shorten life. You may note alot of fear on this website, as well as defeatist attitudes and group think. I've noticed this ever since I joined. There seems to be a move away from celebrating asexuality towards finding ways to compromise oneself so as to fit in with the expectation of others. Therefore, I think your linked website is beyond the interest and scope of AVEN. I found it interesting, though. :)

Lucinda

Could masturbation be viewed as no more a sexual activity than ingestion, elimination, exercise, or sleep?

I'll field this one. Yes, masturbation is a mechanical action. And, rather like blowing one's nose, or a bowel elimination, it removes material from your body.

The fact that people with a sex drive attribute great significance to it is immaterial, save for the inherent link that ejaculation has to sex. It is a mechanical action. Muscle contractions, peristaltic waves, that sort of thing.

And, yes, it feels good.

Just because I lack a sex drive, it doesn't mean that my testes have stopped producing sperm, or that I don't enjoy things that feel good. Ejaculation eliminates the "back pressure" and buildup. If you're unfamiliar with it, google the term "blue balls."

You may note alot of fear on this website, as well as defeatist attitudes and group think. I've noticed this ever since I joined. There seems to be a move away from celebrating asexuality towards finding ways to compromise oneself so as to fit in with the expectation of others.

Part of this is also human nature. Group think is very common in all groups. As for celebration vs compromise, I believe much of it has to do with two factors. First, the age of the average participant on this forum seems to be on the young side, and they're still trying to "fit in" with their friends, and perhaps society in general? Second, we represent such a tiny minority, that being "different" is extra hard. Heck, we have only existed as a group for a couple of years, and barely even have an identity!

Straight, gay, bi, trans, whatever...they're known, understood, and to various extents accepted by the general population. We, however, are almost universally viewed as broken, and in need of fixing.

As to the rest, there are a number of common themes that appear on this board. The one that is most telling to me, is an almost universal cry of "...and I'm not broken!!!" when new users find the site.

I know that, in my own case, that is exactly how I felt, and it was even the same WORDING.

Got another one I can't think of any 'sexual' argument for - reading fantasy novels! :P Or indeed any fiction or sci-fi.

rafi, when you made these discoveries about yourself and attended the workshops, did you decide to divorce afterward?

My relation with my wife went threw turbulence, long story short, I'm still with her but I no longer am in a couple relationship. It's funny how my respect for her has gone up at the same time my desire to have sex with her has gone down.

Yes and no. If we are talking about sexuality, masturbation can not be put in the same cathagorie as ingestion, but if you are talking in an evolutionary stand point, then yes, all human needs are animal needs, as we evolve away from animality, all human/animal needs will disappear one by one. this is what we are witnessing with asexuality.

In your experience, how much of your sexual behavior was based on an innate need and how much would be categorized as a social construct or cultural phenomenon?

that's a hard one,my best guess would be 50/50

I read the website and the philosophy is that the creative spirit lives on. Wouldn't a heaven-on-earth require a physical existence or no? Does this suggest reincarnation -or- do you hold that the physical body can last forever?

physical immortality does seem unreal, but keep in mind that we can not imagine what we can not have the capacity to. The lady who came up with Personocratia is convinsed about physical immortality, I havnt arrived there yet, but it does ring like a reality to me.

I do agree that fear-based thoughts and actions can shorten life. You may note alot of fear on this website, as well as defeatist attitudes and group think. I've noticed this ever since I joined. There seems to be a move away from celebrating asexuality towards finding ways to compromise oneself so as to fit in with the expectation of others. Therefore, I think your linked website is beyond the interest and scope of AVEN. I found it interesting, though. :)

Well I got you to understand my reality, so it's good enough for me ! :wub:

sexualwithasexual

If it's all worked out for us already somehow, through an evolutionary process that seems to lead to immortality, then why sweat it?

I'll eat some chocolate cake please, :cake: because I'm obviously evolving to the point where I'm not eating to survive out of some fear of dying. So I'll just go on pleasuring myself...

What I'm getting at here rafi, is that if we can't know all of reality, based on our "5 senses" (and we are just all humans, right? even your guru?) then how can we really know anything at all? Or does this guy have some special, glass ball..

Sorry to be a little sarcastic. Lucinda and Data are very considerate and patient. I just cringe when someone gets on saying that my normal, healthy sexual cravings (whatever they may be) are somehow putting a monkey wrench in some greater good.

It makes me feel that maybe you are looking for ways to make sense of feelings that are kinda conflicting inside of you. I've been working on this myself in some areas of my life. Everyone does. Psychologists call it "cognitive dissonance." Might want to give that a google.

And I have no desire or intention of passing on my genes. :P

I'm also an artist. I'm currently exhibiting with an LGBT group at a local pride festival. It's very exciting for me and I've met some amazing people.

None of whom I want to shag, I hasten to add :-)

Archived