Is this a squish?

Blue Tuesday

A crush is romantic and a squish is platonic, right?

I think I have a squish on this classmate of mine. Not sure, though. I don't think I'm romantically attracted to him; I just want to be his best friend because he's a cool guy and really entertaining to talk to. Does that sound like a squish to you?

As far as I know, there's no official definition on what a squish is. You could ask ten different people here and you could end up with ten different answers. For me a squish is kind of similar with a crush, except the fact that I'm not interested in being in a romantic relationship with that person. I get the butterflies in my stomach if I see him or think about him and I love to be in that persons company. I've never had a squish on a friend before, and I'm sure if I ever were to become friends with someone I had a squish on, those feelings would disappear.

pippintookmyale

I do agree that friendship and a squish are different.

Friendship is not something you try to control so much per say. So much as you just become friends with someone over time. A squish is(i think) under all definitions a social attraction.

Is seems you are experiencing that.

Wait, so a friendship is something that develops gradually versus a squish is you meet someone once and it makes you happy and super-excited to see them again and hopefully on regular basis? Does that sound about right?

Woah, I'd never heard of a 'squish' before!

I guess that'd explain a couple of my friendships... Whereby I love them to death and admire them and couldn't possibly ever spend enough time with them,s but I'm not interested in a romantic or sexual relationship with them by any means.

Sounds like what I call a squish. I get them all the time. I used to think they were crushes, and I'm much happier now that I know better.

Archived