I exist!

Prawnlegs

Greetings my wigglies. They calls me J. Barnes, scribbler of pictures, herder of prawns. I found AVEN several months ago during a desperate, lonely Google quest, but forgot about it when I was devoured whole by REAL LIFE ADVENTURES. Lately I've felt a pull to connect with people similar to myself--ultimately/hopefully in physical real-life meatspace, though I know it will be a challenge as I do not yet drive and am (sometimes painfully) introverted. This is my first small step.

I identify more as "an artist" or "a human" than as male or female. I have good reason to suspect that I am asexual or somewhere in the grey-A area. I have never been in a romantic relationship, so I can't rule everything out, but when I've had crushes there have been no sexual feelings involved--just warm, fuzzy admiration and a desire for marathon cuddling. It seems likely that I'm pan-romantic.

Being an introverted scribble-hermit who neither has a job or goes to school, it's not too often that I hang out with anyone other than family and some long-distance, met-on-the-internet friends (who are awesome). But when I DO wind up among people my age, the discussion seems to turn inevitably to sex, and I am left with nothing to say. When I started college it was a huge culture shock to hear everyone CONSTANTLY talking about relationships--which always seemed to mean talking about sex. I've been extremely lucky to meet people (through my art) who can just as easily spend hours discussing monsters and cartoons, but for a while I felt like some important part of "adulthood" had left me behind and I would never be able to identify with anyone over 10.

Much as I love my group of friends, I still long for the company of other androgynous, genderstrange individuals. It seems like there is often an overlap between "asexual" and "gender-variant"--show of hands? Is this wishful thinking?

Well, hi. I am feeling optimistic. You all seem like rock-awesome people and I look forward to getting to know you. Today I bought a little naked knockoff troll doll from a quarter machine and got a library card. What did YOU do?

Welcome, I hope you find what you're looking for on AVEN. (If you're after :cake:, there is plenty here.)

Not sure if you would describe me as gender variant. I'm quite happy identifying as male but often incorporate more traditionally femine characteristics into that. Occasionally genderfuck is appealing instead.

Today I went to a highland festival. (Bagpipe and drums street parade followed by competitions.)

Welcome, I hope you find what you're looking for on AVEN. (If you're after :cake:, there is plenty here.)

Not sure if you would describe me as gender variant. I'm quite happy identifying as male but often incorporate more traditionally femine characteristics into that. Occasionally genderfuck is appealing instead.

Today I went to a highland festival. (Bagpipe and drums street parade followed by competitions.)

Hey, thanks broseph! Genderfucketry is awesome. I have never been to a highland festival but it has looked like an awesome thing to behold ever since I saw the episode of Home Improvement with CABER TOSSING. That stuff is hardcore.

Archived