accepting yourself

chair jockey

OK. I looked up the term misandry, it means the hatred of men. Call me blind but where was there a hateful comment towards men in this thread, unless you mistook the attempts at humor for expressions of hatred?

If that kind of "humor" were directed at women it wouldn't be considered funny, and I don't like double standards.

Michael

Women are equal to men in my eyes. But I suppose we aren't on the same wavelenght here so probs better to drop this get back to the original topic, yes?

Women are equal to men in my eyes. But I suppose we aren't on the same wavelenght here so probs better to drop this get back to the original topic, yes?

You're engaging in sophistry and rhetoric. I never said that women are not equal to men. In fact, YOU were the one saying that MEN are LESS equal than women. And, no, I don't want to drop it as long as you use bafflegab to obscure the issue.

Michael

I have no desire to argue with you, considering I don't even understand what we are supposed to be arguing here about, lol. If you're trying to taunt me or someone else you're going to have to try a lot harder than that to get a rise out of anyone. Good day :)

I have no desire to argue with you, considering I don't even understand what we are supposed to be arguing here about, lol. If you're trying to taunt me or someone else you're going to have to try a lot harder than that to get a rise out of anyone. Good day :)

You're still engaging in sophistry and rhetoric. Maybe you are incapable of an honest conversation.

We're arguing about your prejudice against men and your attempt to cover it up with tired sophistry formulas.

Michael

Ace in the Hole

Michael, you are the one hiding behind "sophistry and rhetoric." I've noticed in a few topics that you pick out one relatively innocuous word or phrase and engaging in a bunch of posturing about how offensive it is. Samael made an offhand, silly comment - why can't you take it in the spirit intended? He never said men were less than equal to women - you put those words in his mouth - and if he obscured the issue, it's probably because he couldn't figure out what exactly the issue was. Can we please drop this as he's asked?

(And I'd like to point out you've made several generalizations in other topics I find offensive, so please tone down the righteousness. Examples are young aces, feminists, and Christians, among others.)

Ace,

I still say that "jokes" demeaning men are not acceptable any more than jokes demeaning women would be. That's my final statement on the matter.

Michael

He wasn't demeaning men at all. He just said that he liked strength and confidence in women... I think that was his intention, and just trying to give me a compliment, if anything!!! Let's drop the issue.

He wasn't demeaning men at all. He just said that he liked strength and confidence in women... I think that was his intention, and just trying to give me a compliment, if anything!!! Let's drop the issue.

I now know how women felt back in the 1950s when sexist comments against women were accepted and people like you made excuses for them (except now you are making excuses for sexist comments against men, so that must be okay). The tables have definitely turned.

Michael

I'm sorry, but in all honesty, how is THIS a sexist comment:

"We men just love it when an assertive woman strides into our lives and takes charge"

It seems like *YOU* are being horribly sexist, if you can't accept that women can be 'assertive' and 'take charge'! IF you find that to be offensive, for women taking on that role in life!!!

Vogue,

Go on and keep making excuses for sexism against men--the same tired excuses as men made for sexism against women for decades. I can understand why you do it. It's to your advantage because it's a type of "affirmative action" that doesn't require government enforcement. The more you can help women as a group have an advantage over men as a group, the more you think you personally benefit.

And I find your attempt to turn the tables on me to be pure sophistry and rhetoric again. You are twisting my words to make it sound like I said something I didn't say. And, needless to say, I'm not going to fall into the trap of having the tables turned on me with cheap rhetoric.

Michael

Whatever. You're clearly twisting his words to be something they aren't and when I just show their intention and 'plain meaning', you're calling it cheap rhetoric. In law, there's various interpretations of words and statutes just as there is in any discipline. Judges often ask: 'what was the plain meaning?' to understand ambiguous statements. You can interpret it to be secretly a remark with laden sexist undertones or see the 'plain meaning' in context. I don't think we should jump to negative conclusions and accuse someone of sexism when that wasn't the intention.

That said I'm dropping this now and leaving this thread. Peace.

Whatever. You're clearly twisting his words to be something they aren't and when I just show their intention and 'plain meaning', you're calling it cheap rhetoric. In law, there's various interpretations of words and statutes just as there is in any discipline. Judges often ask: 'what was the plain meaning?' to understand ambiguous statements. You can interpret it to be secretly a remark with laden sexist undertones or see the 'plain meaning' in context. I don't think we should jump to negative conclusions and accuse someone of sexism when that wasn't the intention.

That said I'm dropping this now and leaving this thread. Peace.

For those of you who are still reading this:

The statements "it was just a joke" and "it wasn't intended to be offensive," which Vogue has made, are exactly the same kinds of statements men made to defend sexist comments about women many moons ago, back before women became socially dominant and discrimination against men became okay. Vogue's talk about law is just obfuscation.

Obviously, trying to educate sexist women such as Vogue about their own sexism is useless. In future I'm reporting anti-man comments to the moderators instead of discussing them here.

Michael

Michael, I don't know what you're trying to do on AVEN, but you've established a pattern of starting provocative threads and then insulting people when they respond. Is that what you really want?

Stormy Wether

Michael, I don't know what you're trying to do on AVEN, but you've established a pattern of starting provocative threads and then insulting people when they respond. Is that what you really want?

I've been quite reluctant to respond to these threads for that very reason.

Unprovoked personal attack reported to moderators using the Report button.

Michael

Thread locked for a cool down. Everyone take a breather. It will remain locked pending admod review.

Bipolar Bear

Admin

Archived