Another ace...

ManaMiyavi

Hi, I'm Mike, a 21 year old heteroromantic asexual. Been a very long time since I've been on here, 4 or 5 years excluding a one-off burst about a TV show. Came back mostly out of self-pity as I'm going through a hard time. Last time I was here I was aromantic, felt like a freak and was generally not the happiest bunny about life. Now I'm heteroromantic but, due to never leaving the house, haven't fancied anyone for a while. Not that I think asexuality makes someone less of a person, I'm just not happy with being one myself, would rather things were simpler. I'll shut up before I dig myself an even larger hole than I have already.

*hugs* Welcome back then. ^-^ You're always welcome.

nintendogirl

I won't pretend I can or that you even want someone to "solve your problems" but I think you'd agree that life will be much easier if you could find something simple that'd make you happy. I didn't used to get out of the house much either but I think if you get into some events around the town/city, make some friends who do that stuff, you might find the other things come into line. Just an idea.

Welcome back, then. Community is important--sometimes it makes things a bit better to know that you're not the only one out there.

And easy--it's not digging a hole to say "my life sucks right now and I wish it didn't." That's normal for when your life is sucking. Is there a particular reason you're stuck in the house so much?

No income, major shyness, lack of transport. The reason I thought it was digging a hole is the actual reason for disliking my life being the reason t hat everyone else is here, y'know?

Well, I dunno, the reason I came back here in the first place was that I was feeling alone and lonely and like I was the only asexual person in the universe. So I can get wishing your orientation was something different and easier, you know? I don't think wishing does much good, but that's what communities are for--to provide support so that it's easier.

Mm, the income and lack of transport things are nasty obstacles. Are you lucky enough to live somewhere with half-decent public transit? Shyness is unfortunate and something you've got to work your way up to gradually, but the other two are a bit more difficult to overcome.

Back to the shyness, sometimes it helps to start with volunteer work if you can get to it. I've found volunteer organizations tend to be really friendly to anyone who regularly shows up and helps, and you settle into the group comparatively quickly. Bonus points if you're volunteering at something you find personally interesting or that uses skills you're good at. (I did equine therapy volunteer work for a while, myself.) You don't really have to interact too much but you keep familiarity, and you can always shut up for a moment and dive into your work if the shyness gets too overwhelming, and all people will usually think is that you're a hard worker. Second bonus: volunteer work's free, so you don't have to pay anything to get into it.

Don't ever feel bad about why you're here. Either way, we welcome you with :cake: and open arms! *starts singing*

Welcome back :cake:

Archived