the shroomery

(SP)

Cate Perfect

Looky there. Most of the people are pretty supportive, which is encouraging.

Cate

Silly Green Monkey

Yes, very encouraging. The 'homosexuality is a problem' view appeared briefly, but was rebutted. Disturbing is that those who were supportive seemed to think that asexuality wasn't natural, or that he was simply repressed.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow ...

A whole website dedicated to magic mushrooms! 'Wonder why I never thought of searching for this subject?

*adds to Favorites*

-Greybird

lol, i need to share this on the magic mushroom bit....

when i was a teenager, i lived in (well that's debateable but i think it comprises the whole area) the magic 'shroom capitol of the United States (maybe the world but I'm not sure because that seems like an awfully big title to have and not do anything about). just west of 95 and the turnpike in northern south florida there are hundreds of cow pastures (because really that's all that tract of land in florida is good for commercially) and lots of cow manure as a result. magic 'shrooms like to grow in this 'black gold', to my understanding. frequently, if you drive along the highways at night through this area (which is also not a smart thing to do along the unlit portions) you will note that there are a fair number of cars that have pulled over and people stooping in the fields. get your free/wild magic 'shrooms in florida.

amy

VivreEstEsperer

lol Amy. By the way, I noticed your changed location - how's NC working out for you? How was the move?

Kate

Live R Perfect

Hmmm... interesting. So has anyone attempted to contact this Max Headroom guy and tell him about AVEN?

VivreEstEsperer

woah- i just actually read the site and...that's like soo cool that on a random mushroom growing site someone should talk about being asexual and get at least two other people who say "hey, i kinda am too" and have such a supportive atmosphere... to see a bunch of men talking about how they don't think sex is all that great...THAT'S something you just don't see very often in this society!!

and i looked to see if he had an email address but there was none. i guess one of us would have to sign up and post the AVEN link if we really wanted to.

looked like an interesting site though!

Kate

Kombucha2000
So has anyone attempted to contact this Max Headroom guy and tell him about AVEN?

Sounds like a great idea but Max Headroom doesn't provide an email address or much other info in his profile :( . I guess the only way would be to post a message in that thread, but that involves joining that group....

I have to ask: has anyone (read: everyone) here had magic mushrooms at least once? 'Cause that would do a whole lot for the 'explaining' bit..

I'm kidding. Feel free to ignore me.

Um, well .... among other things, yeah. But it was a long time ago. I liked them a LOT better than acid (which I would rate right up there with sex, BTW, as in - no need to repeat THAT experience!)

Oh wait ... did you mean here, as in here at AVEN, or here as in here at the Shroomery?

I am so confused ...

Need. More. Coffee. ( ... best drug ever invented!)

-Greybird

Silly Green Monkey

Coffee's not that great, very bitter. The taste goes well if you drink a cup of sugar milk flavored with coffee though.

Vicious Trollop

I keep trying to work my way up to liking coffee. I don't know why. It seems important. Like I'll be all cool and cosmopolitan if I like black coffee. :lol:

So far I can take cappucinos... coffee's gonna take some more work (or loss of taste buds).

Kombucha2000
I keep trying to work my way up to liking coffee. I don't know why. It seems important.

bah, it's a cultural thing, everyone drinks coffee in the morning and if you don't you're not normal or a tea drinker, which has the stigma of a wuss. Coffee's an acquired taste and I gave up on it and instead I enjoy tea. I love chai but it's so expensive in cafes along with everything else :(

Live R Perfect
Max Headroom doesn't provide an email address or much other info in his profile :( . I guess the only way would be to post a message in that thread, but that involves joining that group....

Consider it done! :wink:

Live R Perfect

OK, the guy replied to me and said that he had actually been to AVEN before but he was put off by the anti-heterosexual vibes here. I've sent him another message to explain that it is only the minority of people that feel that way, and that most of it is born out of frustration that asexuality is not accepted at present.

It's a shame.. but the phenomenon isn't representative of the whole community, only a small minority.

Speaking of which, Julie, you're well on your way to.. something.. at 3500!

Live R Perfect

Indeed, Julie :roll: We've really gotta watch that antisexual vibe, especially if its putting off potential members - whether they're asexual or otherwise.

VivreEstEsperer

* nods head in agreement *

although i don't think we're that bad...

I was going to make a completely new thread about this, but then Davey was so kind as to suggest this one. Heh… Davey.. I wonder what would happen if I started calling him that in real life :P (no need to answer that.. copious amounts of pain.. i know) Anyway, I digress, and I haven’t even started.

What I was going to talk about is the fact that, as I’ve been doing some more in-depth browsing of this forum, I’ve noticed just the kind of ‘antisexual vibe’ you were talking about. And it wasn’t just the minority you spoke about, the ones who openly declared their distrust or hatred or whatever at the address of sexuals. There are also occasional snippets which come from mostly everyone, comments which are pretty innocent but which taken together might generate an unhealthy atmosphere.

I completely understand that these feelings are for the most part validated by people’s experiences with sexuals. I’m sure that mostly everyone here has at least one story to tell in which someone of the sexual persuasion has hurt them, insulted them or just plain not understood them. However, I don’t think that reciprocating with the same kind of attitude is the way to go. (insert age old proverb about two wrongs not making a right here)

I’m sorry if I’ve insulted anyone. I did not mean to. I can see how this post can easily be construed as somewhat insulting, and I’m aware that the fact that I’m hetero will probably not help (I might come off as… sticking up for my own kind… or something equally ridiculous). All I wanted to do was bring this topic up and hopefully start a discussion that will solve or at least address this issue.

Magic mushrooms...I've never even had coffee.

I only have coffee once every few years. The last time I had some was about a week ago, the night before an exam. I took a huge cup full of it--plain black--hoping that it would make me less tired while I studied. Since I was so unused to it, I wasn't able to sleep until 6:30, and I had to get up at 7 :shock:

Archived