So I'm on the phone to Pendle Council......

matt1285

So due to my bank being a pain in the backside I had to deal with Pendle Borough Council today to ensure the council tax got paid.

After sorting out that bit of the call, I'm asked if I can answer a few personal questions. I'm not entirely what they were for, but being an aimiable chappy I agree.

Q1) How old are you?

Nice and easy 23

Q2) Do you consider yourself to have a disability?

Nope (so far so good)

Q3) Do you have any religious beliefs?

A bit of an odd one for the council, but no, not particularly.

and finally) Are you homosexual, bisexual or hetrosexual?

Bearing in mind I'm in the office at this time, I say hetrosexual, much to the amusement of the person sitting opposite who was wondering what on earth I was being asked!!!

Had I been at home, I perhaps would have argued the toss somewhat and done a bit of Asexual Awareness. But just be warned.....if you ever have to ring Pendle Council - you could find yourself needing a lengthy phone call!!!!

So due to my bank being a pain in the backside I had to deal with Pendle Borough Council today to ensure the council tax got paid.

After sorting out that bit of the call, I'm asked if I can answer a few personal questions. I'm not entirely what they were for, but being an aimiable chappy I agree.

Q1) How old are you?

Nice and easy 23

Q2) Do you consider yourself to have a disability?

Nope (so far so good)

Q3) Do you have any religious beliefs?

A bit of an odd one for the council, but no, not particularly.

and finally) Are you homosexual, bisexual or hetrosexual?

Bearing in mind I'm in the office at this time, I say hetrosexual, much to the amusement of the person sitting opposite who was wondering what on earth I was being asked!!!

Had I been at home, I perhaps would have argued the toss somewhat and done a bit of Asexual Awareness. But just be warned.....if you ever have to ring Pendle Council - you could find yourself needing a lengthy phone call!!!!

I didn't know it was even legal to ASK that question but you should have just said 'no' or given your shoe size or something.

You should've just said "no" and seen what happened. :lol:

Beardless

Potential Answers:

No (as previously stated)

I don't want to go out with you.

I'm boring.

Maybe if we get to know each other first... ;)

There's got to be more, surely...

You should have said "why?"

'Geosexual'

Heh, I'd have said heterosexual too. Perhaps you should contact the council and insist they include asexual as an option?

It sounds like one of those equality checks. To make sure specific groups aren't receiving different treatment (not sure how it applies to paying council tax though).

Potential Answers:

No (as previously stated)

I don't want to go out with you.

I'm boring.

Maybe if we get to know each other first... ;)

There's got to be more, surely...

Oooh, I'll try some!

"Wouldn't you like to know, wink wink."

"I'm a necrophile, but I like horses too."

"Could you use the word in a sentence?"

"Hold on, I've got my calculator, I'm figuring it out right now..."

"You're not gay until you push back are you?"

"I scored an 'i' on the Kinsey Scale."

"Hold on, Will and Grace just came back on!"

"From the perspective of my current gender or the one i'm switching to?" (And then answer bi either way for kicks)

"I sorry, my english not as good so should be now, could explain those words?"

"I'll tell if you'll tell!"

I myself would have asked the person to add "asexual", and then gone and said "bi-romantic demisexual" anyway :)

Just to be boring the Council are required to ask those questions to prove they are not discriminating against anyone...

I would have loved to have been quick witted enough to have tried some of those things, but it was all I could do to keep a straight face from the oddity of the question.

Next time I call them, I'll make sure I'm not in the office and start a discussion about asexuality!!!

Just to be boring the Council are required to ask those questions to prove they are not discriminating against anyone...

"We have to know this information so that we can ignore it", basically?

I would have loved to have been quick witted enough to have tried some of those things, but it was all I could do to keep a straight face from the oddity of the question.

Next time I call them, I'll make sure I'm not in the office and start a discussion about asexuality!!!

I want them to call me now...

"We have to know this information so that we can ignore it", basically?

"We have to know this information so that at a later date you cannot claim we discriminated against you" basically.

They have to ask. You don't have to answer.

What??!?

But if they don't even include your sexual orientation on their list of multiple choices, that IS discrimination!

(I bet they would HATE to be told that! :lol: )

-GB

Archived