Opensource?

Sam B.I.

I've heard nothing but good things about Open Office recently, for PC's and Macs. My mother works for a major computer company, and it's what she uses on her laptop for work.

Thirded for OpenOffice. It's the only office suite on my newest computer, and I don't miss the others at all, ever.

It may not have ALL the features of MSOffice, but it must have 99% - I've not yet come up against something I used to be able to do that OpenOffice can't. Mostly it does the same as MSOffice, in the same way, but for free.

Also, it reads and saves MSOffice formats, and I've had no problems shifting documents to and from my wife's computer, which only has MSOffice.

Actually, I can think of one difference between OpenOffice Writer and MSWord: OpenOffice Writer is a much better Web/HTML editor.

Thanks a lot, you wonderful people.

I am downloading Open office as we speak.

*wipes sweat from brow*

This has been a tough weekend cause I reinstalled windows and there is always something that goes wrong, isn't there? Almost finished.

Openoffice is a great word processor. I will warn, though, it's spreadsheet, especially it's chart wizard, is quite weak compared to Excel. But the word process or is great.

Yeah, Dargon

I've realised that yesterday. One of my big graphs is not working as it should and I am fiddling with it to make it work.

Is OO supposed to have a thesaurus? I am not finding it and I kinda miss it.

Archived