What type of Asexuality would I fall under?

Hello,

I have been pretty confused about my sexuality my whole life and recently have come to find I identify most as being asexual. And now that I'm doing a little more research I'm learning about all these different branches of asexuality and am back to being confused haha

A bit about me, I am 27m and have been in 2 serious relationships, both for about 2 years each w women. I've personally never seen myself w a male partner, and am attracted to women, but I'm never really interested in having sex. And when I have had sex, I would never finish and usually end up feeling ashamed in myself. I do masterbate daily, however it's more about "scratching an itch" than it is for sexual pleasure. I'm not against having sex, but it's more about satisfying my partner than myself. I do like kissing and hugging and all that, but I'm more interested in spending quality time w my partner.

I've seen the term aegusexual used to describe a similar situation, but I still don't fully understand. I know I can do my own research, but I also wanted to hear about some other people's experiences if they're so kind to share :)

At this time in my life I am very lonely and looking to put myself out there again, but I want to make sure I am at peace w my own sexuality to have an easier time finding the right person, as well as setting boundaries for the future, because that was a major issue in past relationships.

Thank you for taking the time to read :)

• Like 1
Sarah-Sylvia

Hi @clob

What you talked about so far sounds pretty straightforward in terms of asexuality. Someone asexual can have libido and masturbate, and not be sex-repulsed. Aegosexual has more to do with if someone has sexual feelings (not just arousal) as if they have sexual attraction and fantasizing about sex but not in terms of doing it themselves.
So if it feels right, the asexual label could make sense for you, at least based on what you shared to this point.

welcome

3 hours ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Hi @clob

What you talked about so far sounds pretty straightforward in terms of asexuality. Someone asexual can have libido and masturbate, and not be sex-repulsed. Aegosexual has more to do with if someone has sexual feelings (not just arousal) as if they have sexual attraction and fantasizing about sex but not in terms of doing it themselves.
So if it feels right, the asexual label could make sense for you, at least based on what you shared to this point.

Thank you :) I feel like you're right about it being more straightforward the way you explain it. I wouldn't say I would identify w aegosexual, but its still v interesting learning about the complexities so I appreciate the help :)

• Like 1