I want to make a short film about being aroace but don't know where to start...

A User

I have a short film assignment to make a film about love, and the idea of exploring aroace identities in some way shape or form is so appealing to me so I want to do that but the question is... how?

I have a billion directions I want to put myself in but I don't know where to start

The assignment is due really soon and I can't even decide on a script or an outline of any kind

Even the smallest assistance would be nice!!!

Destranix

Well, I guess either you do some sort of metaphor or you like do some completly ordinary movie about daily life, that only starts to turn different when it's about sex (or not mentioning sex at all, showing, that it's not a thing).

Or you do some sort of documentary.

Anyway, what you should do first ist, decide which idea you follow (choose one) and write a screenplay. And then you start recording. Watch your timeline, if you don't have enough time don't waste it.

• Like 1
Karret

Love doesn't have to be about romance or sex - it could be a movie about the deep platonic love of like a best friend always being there and being ride or die for someone out of love, but not like a romantic or sexual love?

• Like 1
what the face
Posted (edited)

Moving POV shot comparison of what attracts the eyes/vision for Aro/ace, then

the same shot construction for romantic sexual.

Maybe the allo POV stops eye scanning to stare at a sexualized printed headline or screen shot or lingering on checking out others chest, legs or butt.

Love/lust could be shown as returning repeated to that love object.

The ACE could be shown to have experienced the same scene more completely as to “noticing” the non sexual details missed by the sexually driven impulses.

Maybe the aro finds love in the scene (idiosyncratic) somehow ?

Edited by what the face
flesh-pocket

movie of a romantic prospect persuing an aromantic character. the aro always rebuffs the others advances, but from the romantic character's perspective, the aro is just playing hard to get. all of both their friends think the aro secretly likes the attention and will come around. it all culminates in the romantic pursuer trying to invite themself to the aros home, the aro says something like "do NOT show up at my house at 8." they are being serious but the romantic character thinks they are just kidding and shows up one night. at first the aro is angry, then they seem to change their tune, and say "its such a beautiful night, why dont we go for a walk? (they live in the woods) and so thinking that their charms have worked finally the romantic character cheerily goes on the walk.

"finally!" they say "i've waited for this from the first minute i met you. im glad you've finally come to your senses."

"i have." says the aro and then they kill them with hammers.

the body is never found...

not the most uplifting story but thats how i sometimes hope romance movies will go lol

On 5/4/2024 at 2:03 AM, flesh-pocket said:

movie of a romantic prospect persuing an aromantic character. the aro always rebuffs the others advances, but from the romantic character's perspective, the aro is just playing hard to get. all of both their friends think the aro secretly likes the attention and will come around. it all culminates in the romantic pursuer trying to invite themself to the aros home, the aro says something like "do NOT show up at my house at 8." they are being serious but the romantic character thinks they are just kidding and shows up one night. at first the aro is angry, then they seem to change their tune, and say "its such a beautiful night, why dont we go for a walk? (they live in the woods) and so thinking that their charms have worked finally the romantic character cheerily goes on the walk.

"finally!" they say "i've waited for this from the first minute i met you. im glad you've finally come to your senses."

"i have." says the aro and then they kill them with hammers.

the body is never found...

not the most uplifting story but thats how i sometimes hope romance movies will go lol

Definitely dark. I had a crack idea of a horror movie called "The One" where everyone talks about meeting "the one" who's for them, but it's actually a horrific monster coming to kill them.

• Like 1