My sabbatical review

So I was away from the site for quite a period. I needed to flex my views about myself and ask how ‘much’ I’m AroAce. And non-binary. 

Here’s what I found. 

I was miserable af. I didn’t feel ‘me’. I was (and unfortunately still am)…. Nobody. 

Why? People don’t understand/accept non-binary or ace. They get kinda scared of it. When I tried to ‘not be’ non-binary AroAce, I was like a fish out of water. 

Result: I developed a dreadful self hatred (which I still have). So, it was an unhelpful exercise. 

I eventually concluded…. ‘Well, pretending to be cisgendered and alo…. Makes me miserable. So. I need to actually thicken up my skin and be who I am. Sure, I’ll not make friends. But I’m not making friends by pretending, either’. 

I guess that what I’m saying is, ‘thank goodness for asexuality.org, a haven in an unaccepting world ‘. 

🤍💚💜🖤

• Like 9
thebluestskye

It's a tough world out there sometimes especially if you don't fit into that world's definition of 'normal' but there's still a lot of people out there who are respectful, supportive and understanding even if they can be hard to find sometimes. I have every faith you will find those people. I have every faith that in being who you are you will find happiness. And I have every faith that you can do this💜

• Like 4