Game Console poll

Game console  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a games console (that works)

• Yes, several
    • Yes, just one
    • No, but I have access to a games console
    • No, none
    • Other

I don't 

• Like 1
Anomaly Q3Xr

No, I haven't since 2015, they're just not for me.

• Like 1

No. Never even used one, let alone owned one.

• Like 2
Tree snake

Does an old gameboy count?
I think I have one that's like twenty years old laying around.

Not sure it works... and if it does you can only play Mario on it. Cuz you can't change out the game, my cousin spilled orange juice on it when she was a toddler and the game got stuck in the gameboy. 

Sarah-Sylvia

Yeah xD, I like consoles.

I traded off my older systems not long ago, but right now I have, older to new:

Gameboy Advance

PS2

Xbox

Nintendo DS

PSP

PS3

Nintendo 3DS (I also have a 2ds backup)

PS Vita

PS4 (x2)

Nintendo Switch

I also have a Quest 2 now for VR.

I don't plan to get a ps5, cuz it's too expensive.

• Like 1

I have a PS3 and a Nintendo Switch Lite.

• Like 2

An Xbox series s and a steam Deck

• Like 1
ElloryJaye

Three, but they're all older (PS2, SNES, NES).

• Like 3
KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

3DS [ten years old!]

DSI 

Gameboy Advance SP [the buttons stick, so I haven't played it much]

PSP [with only FFVI, FFVII, and Castlevania Symphony of the Night on it]

PS Vita [with only Persona 3 Portable on it] 

Switch 

• Like 2
The Sword

No, none.

The Sword is a pretty avid gamer, but on PC only.

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

I voted "no, but have access" because we have several consoles in our household (including two PS5 ones), but none of them is really mine. They belong to my husband and stepson, but I don't have a problem with it since I'm not a gamer at all.

Ones we have in our house are: PS1, PS2, 2x PS3, 2x PS4, 2x PS5, Xbox 360, Nintendo I don't remember which one, and PSP.

• Like 2

I haven't personally bought a game console in years (I'm pretty much a PC-only gamer these days), but I still have quite a few old consoles- and they all still work! The oldest gem I have is an original Atari gaming system from the late 70s/early 80s, which I inherited from my dad.

Others in the collection include:

Game Boy Advance

Play Stations 1, 2, 3, 4, Portable, and Vita (the PS2/PSP were the last "good" Play Stations in my opinion, but I inherited the newer consoles, and I have a few games that can only be played on them, so...)

I might still have an SNES laying around somewhere (I have a controller for it, anyway)

Steam Deck

• Like 1
everywhere and nowhere

I'm a gamer, but don't have any consoles. I like point and click (vintage and retro*) adventure games best, and most of them are made either for DOS (playable without problems with emulators such as DOSBox/D-Fend Reloaded and Scumm VM) or for Windows. So I just don't need consoles to play the games I like...

*Vintage games = old games.

Retro games = contemporary-ish games in oldschool style.

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

Technically none of these are mine that I own, but I have:

3DS (over ten years old, and in pretty bad shape) (recently picked up again to play Rune Factory 3, which was loads of fun)

Wii U (haven't touched in years, and don't have any interest to)

Switch (refurbished OLED model)

• Like 1
rubyBlueberries

I've been playing Nintendo consoles ever since I was old enough to work a controller, and I'm also a sentimental softie that hasn't wanted to let go of the consoles I've obtained through the years, so these are all ones I received when they first came out:

1. Nintendo 64 (my parents got me the Watermelon Red model, which went on to become of the more rare and valuable N64 models in the present day, lol)
  2. GameCube
  3. Game Boy Advance SP
  4. Wii U (we disconnected our Wii after getting this but it's still lying around somewhere)
  5. New Nintendo 3DS XL (I sold off my old DS Lite, DSi, and classic 3DS since I figured I only needed one DS console)
  6. Nintendo Switch (first brand new console I ever purchased entirely with my own money)

My family also has a NES, SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Sega Genesis lying around, but technically those are my mom's, not mine. She gladly lets me use them, though.

Our house is almost a Nintendo console museum, lol.

In my adult years I decided to get some other companies' consoles from secondhand stores, but admittedly I have yet to do much with them:

1. PlayStation 2 (backwards compatible with at least most PlayStation 1 games so I didn't see a need to get a PS1 console)
  2. Sega Dreamcast
  3. Xbox 360
  4. PlayStation 4 Slim

Dang, I didn't realize just how many consoles we had either hooked up or lying around the house until I drummed up a list. Lol

• Like 2
verily-forsooth-egads

I was a kid in the 2000s with parents who didn't see the point. I just never got into them.

a little annihilation

i have an n64, a playstation (original), and an snes classic. i swear i had a playstation 2 but i wanted to use it the other day and i couldn't find it so idk if i don't have one anymore or if it's just in my closet somewhere.

KVA1983

I've had quite a few over the years from:

Commador 64

SNES

PS1, Pocketstation (Rare) technically an addon to the system, PS2, PS3, PS4

Sega Megadrive

Dreamcast

XBox, Xbox One

WII

But now it's just the switch for the odd Subnautica session.

Of the active ones, none.

For now, I'll stick with emulators and PC games until I can afford a console. Even so, I'll probably be sticking with PC ones for moddability.

• 1 month later...
chronicallypessimistic

If there is a console that a Persona game can be played on, I'll save up and buy it for sure.

SpaceDustbin

NES, GBC, Nintendo DS, Wii, Nintendo Switch Lite, PS1, PS2 and a PSP, sooo... quite a few :lol:

The handhelds and the PS1 are all mine, the NES we got from family friends when their kids were 'too old' for it 😂, the Wii was my brother's, but he didn't want it anymore, and my parents bought the PS2 secondhand at some point as a replacement for their dvd player

Blueberry Pie
  • Wii (currently defunct)
  • WiiU (working--uses for Wii + WiiU games)
  • Nintendo Switch (working--preferred over WiiU)
  • DS Lite (working)
  • DSi (working--preferred over DS Lite).
Twisted Tempest

Currently I have set up: 

Playstation 5 

Xbox One S

Nintendo Switch 

DSI 

PC (not a console but including it anyway) 

And stored away I have: 

Gameboy 

SNES 

N64 

Wii

Playstation 1 

Playstation 2 

Playstation 3 

Playstation 4

Xbox 

Xbox 360

Starry Sky

Yep. Still have my GBA, gamecube, PS2 slim, Wii, PSPgo (that console had an awful internet issue and could never be used properly so I turned it into an emulator and used it to play roms on the go), PS4, PS5, Quest 2, and Switch. Also a dreamcast that my mom bought on fb marketplace, it turns on but I couldn't ever get it to actually play a game : (

Sold my PS3 to a friend. Haven't been able to find my DS Lite or 3DS in a few years. Think my brother took those. My 3DS was a gift from my sister and I would play it between classes in college so I miss it for sentimental reasons.