Asexual? Fetish? How can I live a normal life

Hey, so the past few months I've been thinking that I'm probably Asexual. Sex has never really interested me, I feel nothing, and I don't get aroused by thoughts or images of it.

I do however, have a fetish. This fetish is the only thing that arouses me, but I'm not sure I want it to be a part of my life. It's pretty out there and pretty much any partner I might have would almost definitely not want to engage in it. I could live without it, but my question is, if you are in a similar situation how do you deal with this? How can I find a partner who also does not want sex? I feel as though I would be incapable of providing it outside of my fetish.

Sarah-Sylvia

@elohell sometimes it takes to make sure a partner is ok without sex (or is asexual themselves). A poly or open relationship is also a possibility for some.

Welcome too 🍰

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Squirrel Combat

Kinda late to this thread for sure, but I'll chime in.

I'm heteroromantic, but I have a boot fetish that likely is the reason I'm Ace. I experience almost no physical attraction to ladies unless they wear boots. But, I also have a weird out there fetish I don't talk about at all because I don't care for it to be part of my personal affairs: a face mask fetish. 😷

My suggestion would be if you meet someone and there's a chance it could lead to fun times, maybe put out some feelers to see if she/he might be open to trying it out. Otherwise, there are forum sites for people with fetishes, like FetLife (although that one is very heavy on the sex side, with a ton of dude's profile pictures being their dicks). Best of luck!