Am I aegosexual?. I'm suspecting about that and I will explain why

As an asexual, I'm feeling certainly weird when people talks about sex (or even when a situation requires certain amount of this), but I'm also suspecting about a new identity inside spectrum. Why I could be an aegosexual?, let me try to explain and later you can share your thougths.

After discovering that word (still learning), I'm seriously thinking about this possibility. Since 2022, I started to like anime (despite I used to watch few anime, but not passionately or enjoying specifically this kind of animation) and I consider myself an otaku. I later discovered something new on me, anime girls suddenly became more visual/aesthetically attractive than... never. Yes, before this, they were just 2D characters for me, nothing special, but since I felt that "instant click", I was questioning why I'm asexual if now I like 2D girls (this is called nijikon, or 2D complex), 3D girls are cool too, but my favourite ones are 2D. Now I understand that I can enjoy 2D girls even if I don't want to have sex with any girl in real life. But there's another debate here, when I watch anime, I'm too variated. My favourite anime series are normally racing-themed like Initial D or Wangan Midnight, but I also enjoy certain ecchi (erotic but not hardcore as hentai) productions like Highschool DxD, I also like drawings/illustrations featuring hot anime girls, or even 2 or more girls having sex. For this reason I'm thinking of the possibility of being a "lesbian-focused aegosexual" (if you didn't realize about that, I'm a boy). Why a random male user like me enjoys girls, girls and more girls, even girls having sex if I don't wanna be part of this?. Possibilly because I really don't want to be part of certain physical practices, I can enjoy this just like another show, another way to be entertained, just like watching cars or bikes racing on TV. More "a-sexy" stuff about me (enjoy the puns), I don't masturbate myself and also don't need to do it, I'm just happy being myself, because girls are cute but actually not mandatory in my life, I can have pleasure without seeing it as a need or having physical contact. But I don't want to have final thoughts here. Hope we can discuss about this in a peaceful and civilized way. Thank you.

• Like 1

Hi. You can use the label if it feels good to you ;). It's a micro label that I feel someone doesn't really even need to point out but if it gives for you some extra details about your asexuality for why you enjoy sexiness then sounds fine to me. You can like whatever you like.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Hi. You can use the label if it feels good to you ;). It's a micro label that I feel someone doesn't really even need to point out but if it gives for you some extra details about your asexuality for why you enjoy sexiness then sounds fine to me. You can like whatever you like.

Ok thanks for understand, I'm glad to find people who can understand me.

• Like 1

I use Aegosexual here but most places or people I just say I am Asexual I dont particularly feel like explaining what Aegosexual is to others as it -would- weird me out just a little bit. x3 Like @sarah_Sylvia had said a micro label you dont really need to point out.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Marmalade Fires

I think what  Noctus says makes sense - outside the Asexual community the concept of Aegosexuality would just be too hard for non-Asexual people to understand, but if it helps you understand some or all of how you experience being Asexual then as Sarah-Syvlie says use it.