How to lower my libido???

I've been having a high libido, how do I lower it???, the obvious choice would be to take the testosterone out,(I didn't have libido before t )but I absolutely despise periods, and I've already reduced it to a minimal dose, everyone on the internet talks about how to make it higher, but honestly I want it to go null. what should I do???

2 minutes ago, feeblthr said:

@laulau42I've heard that some antidepressants lower your sex drive, maybe it will help.

I'm on antidepressants, they don't really do that much of a difference

okay so, turns out almost everything I do is an aphrodisiac, aromatherapy with lavender oil (helps a ton with anxiety but does increase libido), I eat too much chocolate, and bananas seems to also be an aphrodisiac, so I'll leave a list of aphrodisiacs for people who want to lower their libido and the key here is to remove those from your diet.

the list:(it's probably going to be incomplete there are waaaay too many things)

spicy food

chocolate

bananas

pomagranets

pineapple

peach

cucumber

eggplant

meat(I don't eat this)

if you're into aromatherapy:

Lavender Essential Oil

Frankincense Essential Oil

Ylang Ylang Essential Oil

Patchouli Essential Oil

Jasmine Essential Oil

Clove Essential Oil

Bergamot Essential Oil

Rose Essential Oil

rosemary oil

orange oil

(most of them too)

cinnamon in general

some say garlic when eaten cooked is an aphrodisiac

some say saffron is 

yoga(if it's an intense session)

drugs( cannabis, cocaine... except nicotine wich causes erectile dysfunction among other things)

things that lower libido:

nicotine

antidepressants

estrogen

exoestrogens:

-soy

-rooibos

feel free to add some

This is not a medical site and it could be dangerous trying some substances that people without medical training suggest.  Please consult a doctor.

• Like 5

@Makiducky A lot of the things you listed off as aphrodisiacs have zero scientific evidence supporting that claim. If someone wants information about alternative/traditional/natural remedies, that information is out there on the internet for them to find, but AVEN isn't the place for it.

As for some of the things you mentioned as potentially lowering libido... well, one, nicotine? Really? Do you think people should take up smoking on the off chance it might make them a bit less horny? Smoking is a potentially extremely harmful habit, it's one of the stupider things I've done. And the antidepressants... a person should be on those only if they have depression or another mental illness that's known to respond to such drugs, not to reduce their normal healthy libido just because they don't like it.

• Like 2

This is said in jest

Get a cat. Every time you want to deal with a stray libido the said cat will want snuggles and strokes, thus dampening the unwanted urges 

• Like 1

I'm no doctor and I don't recomend people to pick up smoking at all, if anything you should avoid it

On 10/7/2023 at 4:52 AM, Sally said:

This is not a medical site and it could be dangerous trying some substances that people without medical training suggest.  Please consult a doctor.

i second this.

18 hours ago, Ceebs said:

@Makiducky A lot of the things you listed off as aphrodisiacs have zero scientific evidence supporting that claim. If someone wants information about alternative/traditional/natural remedies, that information is out there on the internet for them to find, but AVEN isn't the place for it.

As for some of the things you mentioned as potentially lowering libido... well, one, nicotine? Really? Do you think people should take up smoking on the off chance it might make them a bit less horny? Smoking is a potentially extremely harmful habit, it's one of the stupider things I've done. And the antidepressants... a person should be on those only if they have depression or another mental illness that's known to respond to such drugs, not to reduce their normal healthy libido just because they don't like it.

I know, but to me they do this is based on my personal experience ,(I don't smoke though) and don't advise people to start either.

Sarah-Sylvia

Maybe healthier things to try could be worth it, to be in a better place to direct feelings.

Why not try meditation and exercise.

• Like 1