Rewrite myself

If you are in a relationship with problems so bad you need to escape, your first priority should be escaping the relationship. 

Once the bad relationship is well and truly behind you, you can take all the time you need to explore what you do and don't want in a relationship going forward. 

There is no requirement to label yourself ever. I would recommend not worrying about a label until you have had enough positive relationship experiences to see a clear longterm pattern. 

That said, there is noone with the authority to tell you whether or not you are a "real" asexual. Only you can say. 

• Like 4
On 9/18/2023 at 7:23 AM, Isoo243 said:

I don't really know if I'm a real asexual or just escaping from relationship problems😬🤩😬

it could be both, it isn't either-or. What makes someone asexual is either a lack of attraction to others, or a lack of an innate desire for sex. Most asexuals lack both to some degree, and asexuals who lack one but not the other can be a little different because of it. of course, sexuality is a spectrum thing.

If you feel like your attraction isn't sexual (or if you don't really feel any attraction) then you'd be ace. nonsexual attraction could be romantic, platonic, aesthetic, or even sensual. Some people even feel alterous attraction. Sexual attraction on the other hand is something along the line of feeling a draw to someone on a sexual level, or feeling an innate desire for sex with someone in particular. A feeling of interest in a person that is on a sexual level. 

A lot of people don't feel a connection to sex, where they do it but aren't really into it. or it might not feel "correct" for their body. some people can find pleasure in sex but don't really desire it or anything. Some might even enjoy it to some degree, but lack the attraction that comes with sex and sexual desire in an allosexual person. 

My struggle with my thoughts is stronger than my struggle with my body. The idea that sexual desire is what determines the relationship is complex in itself.

• Like 1