Yooo hii my fellow ace's!

I've always despised sex ever since I knew what it was and how it works. My family and most adults I know thought/think I will "grow into it" and "like it when I'm older" or think its some weird past trauma (I've never had anything to do with sex dw I'm okay its not a trauma!) And they've been saying this ever since I was aware I hated it and first said it.

I've never been ashamed or doubted myself on being Ace which is really wonderful since I know it can be a really tough experience for some people out there. It's only this year or last year(?) That I actually took the label of Asexual. I'm really proud of it! I'm 15 now :]

It's really great when I tell people I'm Ace and seeing the pure confusion on their faces lmao. But it does suck when people trod over you with refusal on who you are. Even my therapist is like "lol just wait until your 21". I've had many conversations with my mum and my friends as they try to explain to me why people like and have sex and I never understood, I would call it revolting and awful to their faces, genuinely thinking most people thought it was immoral, too. But I know better now and am definitely improving on and not saying those things more, and have much more of an open mind. Though yes, I still do strongly dislike sex and hope to never have it, I'm glad that I can understand how others feel  more!

I'm so friggen excited to hear other peoples stories, questions and answersand perspectives here, its amazing to have a community so vast online and I love that the awareness is rising, if even slowly!! I hope this post isn't weird or badly written or anything, and am very excited to be here! 

May we rise to obliterate denmark and take over the garlic bread factories!!!!! HURRUH

• Like 2

Hello and welcome! 🍰 there's a teen corner for us, since you're fifteen you might want to take a look there (it's in the 'asexual musings and rantings' section)

Yeah, the invalidation sucks, but you getbetter at managing it : )

3 hours ago, Snowzy said:

I've always despised sex ever since I knew what it was and how it works.

Same