(Rant) Tired of being seen as a sex object

Possum Party

I live in a big city in the South, and I often will walk to places or ride the public transit. I'm aware I'm not a bad looking woman, and have a curvy figure . It bothers me though that I will often get cat called or harassed or have people just make obscene gestures at me when I'm just out and about, trying to go about my day. It makes me feel horrible and disgusting. Everytime it happens it feels like a disappointing reminder that's the first thing people think of when seeing me, it feels like the only value I'll ever have to other people is my body, and that I'll never find anyone who loves me as I am. I would like to be in a romantic relationship at some point, but it's just kind of solidified that I'll never be able to date anyone who isn't also ace, and it feels so hard to find anyone else here who is. 

• Like 4
a little annihilation

those people aren't really people, they're mindless shells with no real personality or cohesive thoughts. 

it doesn't seem like there are very many people who aren't like that because normal respectable people usually aren't very vocal about any particular thing out in public because they're just going about their day. 

considering the sheer amount of people who share the "i won't find a partner who's ace" sentiment i have faith that you all will find each other sooner or later.

• Like 3