What's the difference??

The feelings of a crush and a squish is the same ? Just the intention that changes ? 

Like you feel the same as a crush, but you don't want to date them ?

Sarah-Sylvia

Well a crush would lead to romantic feelings, not just platonic.

Romantic feelings involve more pull to intimate/closer connection than just friendship though a squish could still feel strongly and like maybe down the line wanting to be like best friends, or more committed if queerplatonic.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Well a crush would lead to romantic feelings, not just platonic.

Romantic feelings involve more pull to intimate/closer connection than just friendship though a squish could still feel strongly and like maybe down the line wanting to be like best friends, or more committed if queerplatonic.

I'm questioning because I've seen some people saying that they blush around the person,want to cuddle, think about the person all day, and etc and for me this is pretty romantic, that's why I'm confused, if is just the intention that changes, they do that, but they don't want to date the person?

• Like 1
Sarah-Sylvia
1 minute ago, page28 said:

I'm questioning because I've seen some people saying that they blush around the person,want to cuddle, think about the person all day, and etc and for me this is pretty romantic, that's why I'm confused, if is just the intention that changes, they do that, but they don't want to date the person?

That's romantic to me too, but friends can cuddle too, it can be platonic and won't have the same kind of meaning, though in example there's likely not going to be kissing wanted because that's more intimate and in most cases is romantic, though some people can enjoy it from a sensual side so it's not like that 100%, but it's the easiest example i can use. In my case the level of touching can be quite different, I caress a lot more if i feel romantic, or interlaced fingers when holding hands, etc. I wouldn't do those things if it was a squish. It's true that it's hard to tell in some cases though, since there can be still be some level of intimacy in close friendships. But usually someone can tell more or less if it's platonic or romantic depending on how they feel.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, page28 said:

The feelings of a crush and a squish is the same ? Just the intention that changes ? 

Like you feel the same as a crush, but you don't want to date them ?

For me it's not about intention but how I feel. I've had squishes where I desperately want to spend as much time with a person as I can, just talking, watching TV/movies together, sharing music, etc. I've never had the interest to touch, or hold hands, or cuddle, but that may be down to comfort level, since I don't like to be touched except by people I totally trust. I'm fairly sure I've never experienced a crush as defined by most people, though I've definitely mistaken my squishes for crushes in the past.

12 minutes ago, fuzzipueo said:

For me it's not about intention but how I feel. I've had squishes where I desperately want to spend as much time with a person as I can, just talking, watching TV/movies together, sharing music, etc. I've never had the interest to touch, or hold hands, or cuddle, but that may be down to comfort level, since I don't like to be touched except by people I totally trust. I'm fairly sure I've never experienced a crush as defined by most people, though I've definitely mistaken my squishes for crushes in the past.

how you mistake that? that's what is making me confused, what was the difference? sorry abt my english :)

binary suns

it's nebulous and no one has the answer. 

5 hours ago, page28 said:

how you mistake that? that's what is making me confused, what was the difference? sorry abt my english :)

No worries. English is a confusing language, even for us native speakers! 🙂

I think the difference is that's all I wanted to do with the other person, just get to know them and be around them. The "crushes" never went anywhere, never developed into what I assume my married friends have, romantic/loving relationships. I'd get to a point where things would just come to a halt or die down, or when the person began to realize I wasn't responding to whatever signals they were sending me.

Mistaking squishes for crushes is easy when you are unaware of asexuality and how it affects how you interact with other people around you.

32 minutes ago, fuzzipueo said:

No worries. English is a confusing language, even for us native speakers! 🙂

I think the difference is that's all I wanted to do with the other person, just get to know them and be around them. The "crushes" never went anywhere, never developed into what I assume my married friends have, romantic/loving relationships. I'd get to a point where things would just come to a halt or die down, or when the person began to realize I wasn't responding to whatever signals they were sending me.

Mistaking squishes for crushes is easy when you are unaware of asexuality and how it affects how you interact with other people around you.

I'm very confused since someone told me I might be aromantic I can't stop thinking about it, sorry about my English 

So, all my life  romance was very important to me, I used to daydream about me marrying or dating someone, I've never been in a relationship but I've flirted with men on Instagram and I really liked that, I used to spend all day waiting for them to text me, and I could imagine me going out with them, on the beach and etc, I thought about me posting a picture or video of us on Instagram and all my friends and family sees it, I had a best friend in highschool that i thought he was beautiful so I started talking to him, we loved to listen to Taylor swift together play video games and etc, at one point I didn't felt anything for him anymore, but there was a year where I used to listen to love songs and think about him, I watched the movie lovie Rosie and think about us, I remember when he started to date and I felt so jealous and angry that I deleted all of our photos.

And I've always had some feelings towards women that idk what this could mean.

I had a teacher that I thought was so pretty and so interesting and everytime she talked to me I immediately blushed, I couldn't look at her, when I was seated next to her I felt so nervous, I wanted her to notice me.

There was a friend of mine back in school,that I thought was really beautiful too, I felt nervous around her and I couldn't talk to her like I talked to my other friends, I remember when I arrived at school and it was just her and me I felt really nervous, then one day, I was playing video games on my phone and my hair fell on my face, then she put her hand on my face to put my hair behind my ear, I immediately blushed and it was like the world stopped for a second.

In highschool there was this girl that I couldn't stop looking at her,I wanted to impress her, I wanted her to look and me and notice me, in a room full of people I could still feel her presence, I had dreams about her.

But I've never thought about doing something romantic with them, since I thought I was straight and that all women felt that way, so for me it was normal 

Last year I was in a restaurant and a woman so beautiful (imo) sat next to me and I felt really nervous, I started to fix my hair and my posture, I remember looking at her and she was looking me back and I looked away from being nervous, until this day I remember her hair, her clothes, her voice, what she said, I was pretty depressive at the time and I remember going back home so happy and energized, I wanted to go out again, to have a relationship.

I have celebrities crush, like really crush, I think about me with them, and I feel desire.

The problem is that when men asked me out I really wanted to go but I felt anxious and nervous so I didn't

I really want a girlfriend, like really really, I can imagine me kissing a woman and hugging her, and I feel so much desire.

But since this person told me that I can't stop thinking about it, someone told me about cupioromantic and now I'm panicking