Falling inlove online-Am I aromantic

I'm having a bit trouble with this one. I think I've fallen inlove before but the issue is that when I did it was mainly online via texting/chat. When I was with the person in-person those feelings felt far less strong from how I remember it in retrospective. Would this still be aromantic or would it not since I still felt that way?

There can be quite a difference in feeling between experiencing someone online and in person.  But if you've felt romantic toward someone in either setting, you're not aromantic.  

I don't think that means anything in particular about whether you're romantic or aromantic. Perhaps the interactions you had online weren't... I don't know what word I'm looking for, exactly... authentic enough? Not that your feelings weren't genuine, but perhaps you and/or the other person weren't being fully yourselves online, so maybe there were aspects of your offline personalities that didn't come through and the connection just didn't work in person? Just a theory.

I've met several partners online, and a handful of platonic friends as well, and I've always had pretty much the opposite experience to you. There have been no surprises; offline was more or less identical to how we connected online, just with some added benefits of in person interaction. Perhaps that's because I'm actually more fully... me... when I initially meet people and interact with them online. There's a lot I don't show in person with new people; online I'm very open and authentic pretty much immediately, and I try to connect with others who have similar tendencies. However, I've heard of other people having mismatches between online and in person, or outright nightmares when finally getting together offline.

But yeah I'm not sure it says much about your romantic tendencies. And if you've felt romantic feelings in any context, I'd hazard a guess that you're not aromantic.

@Ceebs Thank you for the comment, it was really helpful :)

• Like 1