Posie Parker & Adult Human Female Propaganda

DemonicEnby
10 hours ago, Tabula Rasa said:

They need therapy.

Or an arrow to the knee, to take them out of commission. 

Joking aside, it isn't really worth to get into arguments with them. Countering them when necessary, yes, but not stoop to their level. The thing is, that they are seemingly gaining ground somewhere just gets me to despair for humanity as a whole or for of a lot of it. First they advocate for bans, but arguing for other legal rights in the same breath while preaching tolerance (meaning acceptance with that) is just wrong.

Plus starting to argue, well. Preaching to a wall might be more sucessfull anyway. The wall at least listens.

• Like 2
Olallieberry
3 hours ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

The 'badness' of different sides doesn't target the same people and not in the same way.

Consider it a teachable moment rather than a debate, at least with me personally: What people and in what way is the "other side" targeting with equal badness to what's being done to you?

• Like 1
Sarah-Sylvia
10 hours ago, Ollie415 said:

Consider it a teachable moment rather than a debate, at least with me personally: What people and in what way is the "other side" targeting with equal badness to what's being done to you?

Oh not to me personally, not around trans suff. I have reservations about some things  but it doesn't compare to how a lot of people on the right treat trans people, at least xD.

nickolekuebler
4 hours ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Oh not to me personally, no around trans suff. I have reservations about some things  but it doesn't compare to how a lot of people on the right treat trans people, at least xD.

I would tend to agree with you that both sides are not blameless but neither side seems to try for dialogue with one another either. I feel like if we could actually get some of these people making these laws to have to live in close proximity to some of the people they are hurting, and have to interact with them things would be different. All too often the ones that are passing these laws have never met a trans person so they are scared. 

When I first came out I was working at an auto repair shop, none of my coworkers there had ever met a trans person and were very scared and reluctant. I used to get so much grief from them, then after they realized that I am still me just more of my authentic self now they see things so much differently. 

• Like 1