Hey there :D Asexual/Unsure person here.

ChazFox

Hi, my name's Charlie, I'm a student from up in Scotland, and I'm almost certain I'm asexual. Nobody I've ever met has given me any sexual arousal, though I would still prefer a relationship of sorts.

I am still somewhat questioning who exactly I am. At the moment I'd define myself as bi-asexual, which would probably mean an asexual looking for a non-sexual relationship with people of any gender. My parents believe I "haven't met the right person yet", but I dunno. Perhaps they're right, perhaps they're wrong. It'll all become clear in the future I suppose :)

any quirks? Well, I'm a member of the furry fandom :D and I have a couple fetishes, but since I'm not getting aroused by the person themselves but by the subject of the fetish I still count as asexual. (Yes I took the time to read through the FAQ :P)

I'm atheist too! How about that? Well... maybe not atheist per se, more a secular humanist (I uphold ethics, reason and justice, and reject religion and the supernatural). Or a Bright since I'm a member of the Brights' Movement :P

Also, I loathe bigotry and prejudice. Naturally that means Fred Phelps Sr and the Westboro Baptist Church are at the top of my 'hitlist' :P

Whee, that's a lot of text there ^^; hopefully I'll get to know everyone better here! :D talk to you soon!

Welcome to Aven :cake::cake::cake:

Just a little :cake: to celebrate your arrival.

Hope you have fun and make many new friends while you are here.

Oh and your parents might be right and you "Meet the right person" another asexual here at Aven. :lol:

Thanks for the welcome Ziffler! Yeah, I just find the idea of sex to be somewhat uncomfortable. I doubt I'd even want to get into a sexual relationship any time soon. An asexual relationship however might be the way forward at some point :D

Thanks for the cake too, have a slice for yourself! :cake:

:D

You are most welcome Charlie.

You are fortunate enough to live in a part of the world that I would have loved to visit, but never got the opportunity. My family roots descend down through clan Gunn and even after all these generations of living in the Americas, there is a pull to the Highlands of Scotland inside me. :lol:

I think you will discover that us asexuals make the best of friends. I have found that most people want to be friends with me, even when I don't have any real desire to be friends with them. :lol: I think that has to do with their feeling of comfortablility around us, because we don't put out any sexual vibes.

So enjoy your time as a student and make as many friends as you can. I think you might discover a few people that only wish friendship even in the sexual realm and who knows you might even find another asexual there that you can develop a relationship with. The nice thing about Aven is that it gives us a place to open up about who we are, without fear of, "You say what?" "No Way" You dont like what?" :lol:

And the more we can open up, the more likely we can find that "right person" Asexual of course, that fits us like the proverbial glove.

Have a fun day and an awesome life.

Ziff.

Hi nad welcome.

Have some more :cake:

AVEN is a great place for figuring stuff out. Enjoy it here.

Archived