ace dating websites

binary suns

ace dating sites  

31 members have voted

1. 1. they are poor because....

• I've never visited one
    • They aren't working because of poor design or functionality, or because they aren't maintained
    • they aren't working because they aren't engaging the users properly and aren't advertising and don't have anything for people to use them for other reasons such as education
    • they aren't working solely because the ace population is too small, and any website is doomed to fail for this reason
    • other (please share your thoughts)

This poll is closed to new votes

binary suns

thoughts? are they dead because the site isn't engaging the users? because the site's design is useless? because the site doesn't do anything to ensure that users see only people who are still single and open to try for something? would they be more popular if they advertised and included a web presence beyond just a dating site, such as education or a forum and chat room? perhaps an online store for hoodies and tees? 

or are they dead becuase asexuals are spread too thin and no site would be able to assist us?

• Like 1

I've only ever been on one and it was really buggy. It only loaded things about 50% of the time and eventually stoped loading all together. There were also a lot of scammers on there which I thought was surprising. After it stopped loading I deleted it and never redownloaded it. I don't even know if it still exists. I also had Taimi for a short period of time but some guy kept messaging me on there over and over to meet up with him in person and it weirded me out. After that interaction I deleted the app and haven't been on any dating apps since. I did also have tinder for a while when I first go to college. After swiping on what seemed like a million people, I came to the realization that I didn't want to talk to any of those people. Hence my journey to discover "why tf is no one attractive" began.

• Like 1
Monke Jimmy

I think someone on the dating sites forum or somewhere on the internet once said that niche dating sites are hard to run because of the costs of building security into your app/website. It's easier for larger companies like Tinder because they earn enough from ads and smaller premium membership fees to maintain their programs and keep information private. To accomplish the same thing a lot of ace and niche dating sites have to force you to pay as much as $30 to do anything. 

Plus the most active site I tried last year had 4 people in my entire state. 

• Like 1
simpleminded90

I have tried a number of Ace dating sites , but I think for me it's an age thing. I would only be interested in dating someone over 40 . Coupled with my orientation and gender this  means that the population is just too small to make meeting anyone a realistic possibility. I am seriously considering dating someone in America or Canada where the population is larger .

• Like 1

IMO im too young to date. but my lack of interest for dating and subconscious thinks maybe people my age are dating and im too oblivious to do anything/notice it

never visited one but have heard from AVEN folks that they're usually not helpful (at least thats the opinion ive concluded)

So here is the question: if a new one were to be created, what would be necessary to make it work? What, in y'all's thoughts, is needed in terms of ace "dating" (including QPR'S)?

• 2 weeks later...
Squirrel Combat

I used dating site off and on frequently until last summer. I just straight up had no luck in finding anyone I really clicked with, and after my last last relationship I learned the dangers of putting too much info out there; someone who turns out to be a "pleaser type" will come upon your profile and tailor her entire personality to cater to your likes and interests for a while. Nope. Never again. I'm through with online dating.

Again, not enough people I have enough in common with who are close by for it to be worth it.

• 1 year later...

@binary suns

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator