Hello ! and thanks for making this site...

skatvr6

Hi everyone, I'm a 29 year old guy.. 'discovering' this site, and other people like me has been frankly, one of the best things that's happened to me. I was beginning to wonder if I was an oddball, weird, or an anomoly (however u spell that). I really was beginning to think that I was 'weird' for not wanting or desiring sex, especially throughout my 20's as it's supposed to be the age you hump anything that moves. I still can't imagine myself placing my um, 'thingy' inside another person's privates; it just seems weird and kinda gross to me... I mean really.. wont get into reasons why..but it never appealed to me. I guess I'm bi asexual, I prefer to have 'intelligent' conversations, politics, science..then to hump someone and um, walk away. Its most certainly good to see I'm not the only one..now if I can meet other 'asexuals' in my area for meets, that would rock.. we need the beer smiley...

8) :D

Welcome to AVEN! Please have some :cake: Indeed you are not alone, plenty of like-minded souls here.

Hi nad welcome.

Have some more :cake:

Enjoy AVEN.

Welcome to Aven :cake::cake::cake:

I hope you enjoy yourself and make many new friends.

And yes, its a huge burden off the shoulders once you discover you are not alone in the universe and you are NOT a freak of nature.

Too bad they can't teach asexuality in sex ed classes at school. It might help some kids feel better about themselves when they discover they don't like or want sex in their lives.

Again welcome :cake::cake::cake:

just wanna say thanks to all who have replied..

it really does feel not as lonely; I definetly marked this page in my favorites and hope to post in the future; even with school and f/t work and watnot..thanks again ! 8)

welcome to the site, and i'm glad that you've got it confirmed that you are not an anomoly (i am pretty sure that was the right spelling, though i didn't bother to check.)

i've never really wanted sex at all, and i'm starting to even doubt the relationship thing. i've sort of started characterizing myself as just someone who wants friends, but wants really emotional friendships.

i'm always surprised by how many more people are on this site all the time, and it's good that we can all get confirmation that NOT wanting to have sex all the time is NOT pathological. (though i don't bother to mention this to my psychiatrist or diagnostic clinician- i've given them enough other things to think about rather than why i don't want to have sex...)

Archived