"Dating" as an aroace

I haven't dated since I realized I was aro about eight years ago. Recently I've been thinking about it though. I'm sex positive and I have enjoyed sexually coded activities in the past, like kissing. I also like meting new people and I feel it could be a quick way to meet potential friends. At the same time it seems such a hassle. To go out dating saying I'm not looking for neither intercourse nore romance. I have been exploring a little bit of the polyamorous community thinking maybe that would be a good place to find unconventional relationships but I'm not even sure what I'm looking for.

Part of me feel it's just too much work and sexual activities are not important enough for me. But another part of me feels a curiosity to explore it. If anyone has tips that would be welcome but mostly I just felt like sharing.

I think that there's absolutely no harm in trying dating out of curiosity. If you end up realising it's not for you then that's perfectly fine. And you can always say that you're interested in making new connections but not really looking for sex or romance. However, if you do end up meeting people I would advise you to be straightforward about your sexual and romantic orientation early on. 

If you want to try a dating app, I think OkCupid is probably the most diverse one in terms of orientations and more unconventional relationships. I've used a couple of different apps and my best experiences were with that one. 

I also definitely agree that dating, especially online dating, can be a lot of work at times. What has worked for me is that if I find it more stressful than fun, I take a break from it.