uncomfortable hormones/sex drive

So since going off 'the pill' (which I was on for period pain reasons not that it matters) I find my sex drive which is usually low gets actually quite high in the time leading up to ovulations (i think I'm not 100% sure). I don't necessarily mind having to masturbate during this time but I find it really uncomfortable when I watch a movie or Tv show and something happens that 'turns me on'. I'm actually tossing up the pros and cons of going back on the pill because of it. Do any asexuals with high sex drives have any tips for to stop the 'getting turned on' part or is this just how the cookie crumbles?

Janus the Fox

Though different, I’m on transitioning HRT, this had the effect of removing the most often uncomfortable, sometimes painful arousal, the longer I weren’t relieving the discomfort through masturbation as an AMAB.

Now I don’t get very much libido at all and it’s a complete choice now if I’d want to masturbate for the personal pleasure of it.

@Janus the FoxI think they're asking about tips without medication.

I don't know what can help besides maybe some personal work or something like meditation to go through the feelings which some people might be able to do, or finding something that makes masturbation easier or more comfortable.

I came off of my depression medication and it had a similar effect on me (maybe not to the extent of getting aroused by watching movies?)

It was gross lmao. I went back on my medication for other reasons— but during that time I found that the more I ignored any desire to masturbate, the hormones would still be present but significantly less strong. (So I guess, ignore it and your body will get the hint in my experience)