• Malamute
    • German spitz
    • Pomeranian
    • Miniature pincer
    • Blood hound
    • Dachshund
    • Other not mentioned

This poll is closed to new votes

Malamutes forever, even if I could never curse any of them to live with my lazy ass.

(kind of shame you have to vote for both halves of the list, in long run distorts the votes when both halves will always get a vote from everyone)

• Like 1

Believe it or not, dogs' behavior depends on the owners much more than the breed. 

My favorite breed is a mutt. Underrated, healthier, and more relatable to me. 

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, Monke Ilahi said:

Believe it or not, dogs' behavior depends on the owners much more than the breed. 

My favorite breed is a mutt. Underrated, healthier, and more relatable to me. 

Yeah, in the end I like friendly mutts most of all.  Never had a dog myself, but all the sweetest dogs I've known were mixes of all sorts of breeds.  I voted for husky, malamute, golden retriever, German shepherd, schnauzer (especially those giant ones!) because I just love big dogs in general that are mixes of these or other breeds.

• Like 1

If you have a set purpose for your dog and then source a reputable breeder, then pedigrees are the way to go. 

Generally speaking, having some idea of the type of breed you have gives you some idea how to give them the best life possible. 

• Like 1

Sprolies, and Bernese Mountain dogs, but if the dogs are nice and gentle, I love them all

• Like 2

you perhaps ought to have an "other" or "none of these"  option in both lists.

Right now, the quiz forces you to choose a dog option on the first list, even if none of these is a favorite.

• Like 3

My parents are pretty involved in their local beagle rescue and so I grew up around a lot of fosters and adopted beagles. Love those little dudes.

• Like 1

Im a total dog nut. I love all dogs but rough collies are my absolute favourites. Mine is profoundly clever, cuddly and funny.

I'm also very fond of smooths, shelties, borders,  German shepherds, tollers, flat coats, kelpies, samoyeds, borzois, groenedael, pyrenean mountain dogs, Brittany spaniels and Icelandic sheepdogs. I want to add chinook and Galician sheepdogs to that list as going of the description of the temperament and appearance they sound very lovely but as of yet I have not met either.

• Like 1

I'm a lifelong cat owner, but have softened to the idea of a dog in the next few years.  (Not now, since I have 2 cats, and a third animal in a 400 square foot studio would make me feel like I was living in a zoo.)

I LOVE pugs.  They have to be one of the top 5 cutest things ever.  Frenchies are almost as cute, but pugs are just ...  I freakin' love pugs.

The downside to pugs is that they kind of suck at breathing.  I would love to take a dog hiking, and I just don't think that's something a pug could probably do : (

French bulldogs are probably the most common breed where I live, but when I visited my sister in Denver, everyone and their mother had an Australian Shepard.  Those seem pretty cool.  I wouldn't mind one of those if I lived in the suburbs.

Grumpy Alien

All dog are good dog

• Like 1

The dog I hold the most dear in my heart (sorry to my other dogs but this guy was very special to me) was a schnoodle, a schnauzer / poodle mix. I haven't met a single poodle mix I didn't absolutely adore. Definitely my favorite breed from experience. Smart, witty, and sweet. Also ticked Australian Shepherd since they're such fun, energetic, beautiful dogs. 

• 1 year later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator