Answers are pretty sweet, even more so since you get so few.

manipulate the eclipse

manipulate the eclipse

Hey, I figured I might as well introduce myself. That's generally expected, yeah? Besides, what's the point of being on if you never talk to anybody? Anyway, this site was amazing to find. I finally found some answers. For a long time I was really confused; I thought I was a lesbian at first, then that I was bi. I didn't know what sexual attration felt like, so I assumed I had it, because that's what society expected of me. Now I think its overrated to the Nth degree. I was even more confused because I could still appreciate beauty. I would look at someone, and think that they were good-looking or pretty, guys and girls alike, the same way you look at art and know that its 'asthetically pleasing'. Also in the mix was a kind of isolation. I was lonely and took it for sexual desire. (Still am, really.) But now, looking back, I realize i never wanted to 'do somebody'. The idea of sex kind of repluses me, actually. The basic idea, when you take away the emotion invloved, if there is any...almost horrific. So now i know, and knowing is so, so much better. So just...thanks, I guess? To anybody who reads this: Thanks for existing, and making me feel less like the genetic freak I always thought I was. :D

i will be the first, i am a little inebriated vbut i can tyep perfeclty. welcome tothe place we like to call home!!! you have truly found a place to stay,everyone is great here, they are like a 2nd family, i hope your stay be long and prosperus in fnding answera!z

mmwaaah siiilentclips

but u can call me...

TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE.

It's nice to hear that you figured that out.

I agree;

still considering people 'pretty' can be a point of confusion.

I didn't understand it until I heard my friends talk about

why they thought random people were hot.

I was like, "Um... What?!"

See you around!

Hey, mte,

I can see a lot of myself in you.

And not just because I grew up in St. Louis (I did!)...U City mostly.

Genetic freak...I thought something like that also. Then, after much rumination, I decided it was more due to the imposition of caustic cultural weirdness on me at a tender age (birth to eight? Did it take that long?? :roll: ).

There's nothing like finding one's community after years of feeling unique. Welcome! :cake: :cake: :cake::cake:

osito

sparklypixie

Welcome!

I also find people good-looking, but it's never associated to any sexual desire. It's just a quick, hmm, they're really beautiful/handsome/attractive and then I move on to the rest of life.

manipulate the eclipse

Thanks for making me feel so welcome, everybody. I've never been a particually open person (I've never even kept a diary), so that was kinda hard. And nerve racking.

osito- you're unbelievably lucky to grown up in such a cool part of town. I love U City, but I live in the suburbs. :( Not the most exciting place to live, I'll be blunt.

And I didnt relaize so many people went through, if not exactly, then similiar things that happened, are happening, to me. So I have a few questions for anyone with more experience - would a relationship with a sexual perosn work out, or would it be a disaster, do you think? Or should I just tell any sexual person who wants to start a relationship to buzz off because they're wasting their time? And how might one go about informing one's family and/or friends about oen's asexuality? I mean, when you bring it down to basics, its like telling them you're gay (only we have a different sexual orientation). That doesnt always work out so well, and I dont want them to hate me. They can hate me, I just dont want them to hate me for something I cant help, which is usually the case. Or should I just keep my mouth freaking shut?

Hi nad welcome.

Have some more :cake:

Enjoy AVEN. It's a great palce for answers.

Hi, mte,

I must admit that my relationships with sexuals never worked out--there were different levels of it, from disaster to parting ways semi-amiably to returning awkwardly to being friends.

There are people here with much more experience than I have, because they've been able to hold a long-term relationship together and reach a compromise. I think that possibility depends enormously on both the sexual person and the asexual person coming to terms with asexuality. And that, in turn, for many of us, depends on finding a community of kindred souls.

You might wish to check out a couple of the other forums and pick up related threads or start one yourself. :D

osito

Freed_Spirit

Welcome manipulate!! Have some :cake:. My 2 cents on your questions:

Relationships with a sexual - there are some wonderful people on here who are in a mixed relationship - it isn't always easy and depends on the two individuals concerned. In some ways to identify as asexual is freeing - because there are no "rules" for what our relationships should look like, you are free to invent your own with a loving partner. It is also a bit tough, when the first question will be "what the hell is an asexual?"

Which segues into Q2, coming out - this is very personal and may take time before you are ready. Also you may choose to do it on a need to know basis. There's a great article by Stupendous Sam in the last AVENues newsletter, here http://www.asexuality.org/home/images/stor...er/05_12_07.pdf

I say, pull up a purple beanbag, have some more :cake::cake:, and relax for a while. There's no hurry.

• 2 weeks later...
Rikusephirosu

:) We are here for you. Welcome. *hug and a :cake:*

Rikusephirosu

Ohh the first :cake:. Thats some special :cake: you have there! Might be good luck! :D

Archived