Am I Asexual?

Felix

Hi there...

Lurked these forums for probably well over a year now and here I am posting. Anyway, this all feels a bit ridiculous but I think I may as well look more in to it.

I've always referred to myself as asexual. I've never been out with anybody and really have no desire to. Actually, the thought of being that close or intimate with anybody makes me feel quite sick. I don't know if it's just because I'm very selfish in that respect. I can acknowledge when somebody is attractive but that's it. I have no desire to form relationships with people on a deeper level and don't understand why people's lives seem to revolve around love and relationships etc. It's all a bit alien to me. I really just love being by myself - maybe that's it? I am incredibly introverted (sp?) but people just do nothing for me in that way.

So what do you think?

being introverted isn't necessarily a bad thing; my brother spends a great deal of time by himself and only really ever hangs out with a couple of people. and as for sex, no reason to pursue what you don't want. at the same time having a few friends wouldn't hurt or might be worth trying if you're up for it, but then again, that depends on your personality, how you feel and your situation. anyway, from what you've written you don't seem to have any emotional problems or anything and are pretty much alright, so i wouldn't worry too much.

La_Gioconda

Welcome to AVEN :cake: It seems that you are an aromantic asexual. Being introvert doesn't have to be the cause of it - we have a number of extovertic aromantics (*points to herself*). Enjoy AVEN :D

Freed_Spirit
:cake: is the main thing, the labels can wait! Seriously, go with whatever makes you comfortable. Your description agrees with other aromantic asexuals, there is only cause to worry /see a doctor / if you are seriously unhappy with the way you are. Anyway, whatever you feel, you're not alone with AVEN.

Welcome to AVEN! Have some :cake:

this all feels a bit ridiculous
?!?!?!? aw....*pouts* :P, yeah, maybe we're a little silly, but it's all good. I doubt you'll find many on AVEN who'd tell you that not being interested in sex or relationships is a bad thing, and there's tons here who are very much 'my space' people. Anyway, looking forward to hearing more from you.

Hello all, thank you for all the welcomes and thanks for all the :cake:.

So I'm an aromanitc asexual? [sarcasm]So this means that it's just a phase or I'm totally heartless does it?[/sarcasm] :P.

Sorry if I offended with the "ridiculous" comment. What I mean is it just seems very odd coming on here and talking about something that I find to be very personal. I quite like the thought of being asexual, it's just there is the odd day that it really bothers/frustrates me but that is only very rare so not a problem at all. I don't have a problem with being introverted at all, it's just I think I could quite easily become reclusive which isn't good I know but hey whatever floats your boat, right?

Thanks again.

Hi nad welcome.

Have some more :cake:

I'm an aromantic asexual and I know exactly what you mean about the selfish introvert thing. It's not a problem.

Hope you continue to enjoy AVEN.

Good Morning! I'm also a severe INFJ and found these boards to be grand.

Also, :cake:.

Archived