45 Female and Asexual in (repressed) South Eastern Ontario-Any One Near By?

Good day!  I am 45 and until today I have struggled with finding a defining word for myself.  As a teen I never got the whole sex thing and I used to say I wish we were brains in bottles and sex was the exchange of information.  I would refer to myself (incorrectly) as androngenous.  In my late teens and into my 20's I was heavily into Toronto's BDSM scene just as a way to maybe feel something, anything, still searching I explored relationships with women, feminine men, butch like women and regular men.  For the most part placating my partner's need for physical intimacy so that I might also share in emotional intimacy and perhaps find a life partner.  I am lucky in that for the past 5 years I have been with a wonderful person with whom I share much in common, and whom I truthfully enjoy hanging out with.  I love him, there is no doubt, but like all the rest, there is no interest on my part on a sexual relationship.  He does not have much of a sex drive and is often content to hold hands and lightly kiss, and does not pressure me for deeper kisses or further intimacy so our relationship works.  I do long for friendships though that also understand what it is like to go through the world asexually and are comfortable talking about their sexuality just as much as their favourite movie!  While I live in a large urban centre for south eastern Ontario standards, I find this area rather repressed (I've lived in this region since 2006) and having just found AVEN, hoping to find a community here as I have not found one where I live. 

• 5 weeks later...

Welcome to AVEN! I live in the Peterborough area. While I have met a few aces there, I don't know of anything like a group meet up in the city.

Archived