Family Issues

epiphanystars

epiphanystars

Alright this thread has nothing to do with asexuality but I feel I need a place to vent a little, and I figgure you guys won't mind too much and are pretty supportive.

Basically in two weeks the rest of my family was supposed to go to Mexico, leaving me at home alone. I was elated (very little alone time to be had in a family of 5). But now my papa has to go in for some major surgery. My mom will probably end up missing the trip to Mexico, and her birthday to be with him. So she is now trying to organise two trips, and trying to make sure we'll be well fed. I'm also very worried about my 80 somthing grandfather, and I'm plagued with all these what ifs. I would totally break down if something happend.

Venting done Thanks for listening

I'm not sure if you're a God-believer or not, but whenever things like this happen, I am reminded by our Scriptures, the Hidden Words I:51.

"O SON OF MAN!

My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is fire and vengeance, but inwardly it is light and mercy. Hasten thereunto that thou mayest become an eternal light and an immortal spirit. This is My command unto thee, do thou observe it."

What is happening right now for you is out of your hands. In these situations, we should not let them overtake us, but pass through them with strength (and if applicable, total confidence in God [force, personal being, or whatever you wish God to be]) so that we become more enlightened and refreshed with the light of understanding.

Just trust, and do the best of what you can. Cry now if you need to, for to abase yourself in the fetters of melancholy will not give you empowerment for betterment. :)

Yeah, yeah, it's not great advice, nor does it pose any quick solution. But I hope that you'll find whatever is appropriate, and I have complete faith in you! :)

Good luck, and best wishes,

Sirach.

I agree with a lot of what Sirach said.

Also, I think it's always worthwhile to pray. God does answer prayers. Sometimes we have not because we ask not. I've heard pastors say that there are some things God will only do for us if we pray about them.

Archived