Sexy Songs

leeluvssquids

leeluvssquids

Not sure if I’m asexual, still questioning, since I’m like a sexual person sometimes but it’s never directed at anyone? Like there isn’t someone specific I wanna have sex with I just have kinks and stuff? I don’t know that’s not the point of this post lol.

i don’t know what it is but I really don’t like sex in songs. In anything else I usually just don’t care either way, but songs with strong sexual themes tend to rub me the wrong way. 

except WAP because that’s just hilarious 

On the topic of WAP, you should see 'Well Armed Pesants' a parody thats nothing like WAP, but funny.

I don't like sex being in songs too much, but if the melody is good enough, I can overlook it.

Grey-Ace Ventura

I'm sexual and I also don't like sex in songs. I just think there are better things to be singing about... so I just don't listen to songs like that. Problem solved.

I don't know any sexy songs, but I will comment that I am the same way in that I have kinks and the like, but I have no inclination to have sexual intercourse with anyone. I think that is still legitimately asexual. Hopefully that is helpful.

It depends on how explicit it is in the song or if it's just implied. If it's a good song, it's a good song. I unfortunately looked up the music video for WAP, without ever having even listened to it before just to figure out what all the fuss was about. It was way too much. 😬 And not tasteful in the least.

I can enjoy suggestive songs, but I don't care for music that is really blatant about sex. Because I am sex-averse, talking about sex-acts can ruin a really good tune for me. But considering how important sex is to so many allosexuals, I can sorta understand why they want to sing about it, I guess. 

Oberon Jasper

There's a small group of sexual songs I enjoy, but they have to have good backing music.

Blue eyes white dragon

I like suggestive flirty songs, but I do enjoy a few sexy songs. Theres this one called Hook'd by KIRA and i just melt especially cuz his voice is so gorgeous. He also had a couple of other ones that are more explicit but in creative catchy ways. I found WAP lame and cheesy 😅

I don’t mind sexual themes in songs if the lyrics are well-written and the music itself is good. Extra points if the artist takes the sexual themes in an interesting direction, like discussing societal issues surrounding sex or something. But even if the song is literally just about having sex, if they can make it sound fun through the song’s vibe then I can still get into it. Really for me it just comes down to whether I think a song is enjoyable to listen to or not lol.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 8:13 PM, Grey-Ace Ventura said:

I'm sexual and I also don't like sex in songs. I just think there are better things to be singing about... so I just don't listen to songs like that. Problem solved.

Well, not exactly solved if you want to continue living (because these songs are everywhere). I feel like for women especially, we’re attempting to fully reclaim our sexualities and make it 100% accepted and respected, and I think that means women as a group are leaning towards hypersexualization. This will possibly allow us to then dial it back later, knowing that our full sexuality is accepted, but until then women will keep asserting it until it becomes normal and no longer a source of discrimination. This is just my theory, but it makes sense to me. If it’s true, it kinda super sucks for asexuals who (for the most part) would love for people to stop talking about sex so much. 

Grey-Ace Ventura
7 hours ago, LesMeufs18 said:

Well, not exactly solved if you want to continue living

I was clearly talking about my own experience and no one else's, hence the fact that I said "I don't listen to songs like that." So if I said my problem, which is what I was describing, is solved, then I don't see how you can even debate that or why you feel the need.

5 hours ago, Grey-Ace Ventura said:

I was clearly talking about my own experience and no one else's, hence the fact that I said "I don't listen to songs like that." So if I said my problem, which is what I was describing, is solved, then I don't see how you can even debate that or why you feel the need.

Sorry, I guess I should have said in my response that I’m glad you’re able to do that, and more power to anyone who is able to happily tune out most of the things music is saying these days. I genuinely think that’s great, and I wish it was that easy for me. What I was saying though was a bit more about the broader picture though. Even though I’m glad that you’re fine with just not listening to songs about love/sex, the world of music has still been saturated in it and everyone has to live, work, and play in this culture. It’s a constant barrage on our lives if we’re not actively embracing it, and this can be tiring, ostracizing, and overwhelming. 

14 hours ago, LesMeufs18 said:

Well, not exactly solved if you want to continue living (because these songs are everywhere).

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I don't find it difficult to avoid things I want to avoid. Things that are supposedly "everywhere" tend to ignore me for some reason. If there's a movie I dislike, I don't watch it. If there's a TV show I'm not interested in, I won't watch it. Music, books, Giftmas, you name it, it's just the same. I'm of the opinion that Ed Sheeran needs to be swallowed by a giant hole in the earth yesterday, but I haven't come across him in ages.

Can't really comment on "sexy songs" specifically though because it's not something that bothers me.

Janus the Fox

I can understand quite well the often habitual office culture of having the same radio and channel played all day, every day.  It's pretty noticeable the same sequence of 5 to 10 songs every few hours.

Luckily I've my own 2,000+ songs so id rarely hear the same song twice in the same week.

• 2 weeks later...
leeluvssquids
On 1/14/2021 at 2:35 AM, LesMeufs18 said:

Well, not exactly solved if you want to continue living (because these songs are everywhere). I feel like for women especially, we’re attempting to fully reclaim our sexualities and make it 100% accepted and respected, and I think that means women as a group are leaning towards hypersexualization. This will possibly allow us to then dial it back later, knowing that our full sexuality is accepted, but until then women will keep asserting it until it becomes normal and no longer a source of discrimination. This is just my theory, but it makes sense to me. If it’s true, it kinda super sucks for asexuals who (for the most part) would love for people to stop talking about sex so much. 

Oh I 100% support women singing about sex and expressing their sexuality, it just ain’t for me

Archived